Who was Garth's steeler?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Delvin Morgan

Who was Garth's steeler?

Post by Delvin Morgan »

Crook and Chase had Garth Brooks on last night, and he had a steel player with him. Anyone know who he was? He was playing an Emmons.
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

I know Bruce Bouton played on Garth's Sessions, when he first started out. But I don't recall who played live with him.
Tommy
Eddie Lane

Post by Eddie Lane »

Steve McClure played for Garth on the road for many, many years. Steve played here Branson, Mo for a short time in a theater that I was doing the night show in. He left and the next time I saw him was on Austin City Limits with Garth. He is a super guy and a good player.
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Steve played an Emmons for awhile, and by 1996 or 1997, he was playin' a Sierra keyless S-10.

Brett
Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Steve McClure is back home in Kansas I believe.

Every few months or so, I manage to bump into him here in Wichita. I haven't seen him for awhile though!!!

Casey
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"
Delvin Morgan

Post by Delvin Morgan »

I don't know what year the show was from, it was on one of C&C historical segments.

Didn't anyone here see C&C last weekend?
Smith Curry

Post by Smith Curry »

Probably Bruce if it wasn't too long ago: he's been doing the Garth gig for quite a while (when not out with Reba or playing on records).
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Are you guys sure it wasn't " Dave Gant "? I've had Dave on Steel Guitar before on some sessions I've done with Leo J.Eiffert,jr & The Crawfish Band. My songs like " Willie Wrote Austin", He's got my Headache " & Cajunland. Sincerely in Music,Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. & PIGEONS Band.