edit

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

George Piburn

edit

Post by George Piburn »

edit
Last edited by George Piburn on 22 Jun 2012 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ray Montee

George...........YOU are the master!

Post by Ray Montee »

Mr. Boards: With all due respect......because I fully realize that besides being wonderful feller, and a master steel guitar designer and builder.......

you've obviously invented some fantabulous steel guitar strings!!!! What do you use to polish them up to such a high luster that for all intents and purposes, teh VANISH.

How'd you do dat?
b0b

Post by b0b »

I like the way the tuners line up. On most guitars you see, they're all cattywompus turned every which way. ;-)

Seriously, that's a really nice guitar, George. I'm not in the market for a T-8, but if I were this would be at the top of my list.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Ray Montee

b0b..you missed one!

Post by Ray Montee »

On the 7th string, top, outside neck, the tuner knob is out of alinement. Oh How........could Mr. Boards have missed it!?
Edward Meisse

Post by Edward Meisse »

Love the 4th sister, George. And much to my chagrin, it looks like I will soon be buying a D8. But not a T8 at this time, even at that price.
Amor vincit omnia
Kirby Fergerson

t-8 pics

Post by Kirby Fergerson »

George I just love your guitars. I have your 12 disc instruction set which has given me hours of pleasure and many techniques that as a "student" of lap steel I consider priceless.
The guitar you used in your dvds is beautiful, even the fret board has such an elegant sheen you can at times actually see a reflection of the bar on the neck.

I'm in no way a seasoned player but I know what I like.
Guys like you Greg Cutshaw,Roy Thompson and many others who impart their knowledge to us rookies are irreplaceable.
My respect and admiration for all of you is unexpressable.