Seattle Country or Bluegrass

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Eric Corgey

Seattle Country or Bluegrass

Post by Eric Corgey »

I'm heading to Seattle WA next week...June 8 thru the 12. Wondering if anybody out there could put me on some good venues to see live music while I'm there? Thanks
Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

on the 12th Knut Bell plays the Little Red Hen, he does a good live show rockabilly/country, more country these days.

http://knutbell.com/howdy/

The Tractor has a band on Mondays called the Tallboys, kinda oldtimey and I think they call a square dance

http://www.thetallboys.com/

Monday night also across the street from the tractor used to be an open bluegrass jam at a bar called Conner Byrnes. Unfortunately being Seattle there is always a hippy with a didgeridoo or some kind of drum so I stoped going.

then there is this:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/events/2nd ... ps-692021/

one of My bands is playing the bit on the 12th as well, but if I was you I would go see Knut Bell (I would If I wasnt booked).

If I think of more I'll post it.
GFI D10, Fender Steel King, Hilton Vpedal,BoBro, National D dobro, Marrs RGS
Eric Corgey

Post by Eric Corgey »

thanks alot Steve, I appreciate it.
Dave Harmonson

Post by Dave Harmonson »

On monday the 8th there's a pretty decent bluegrass jam at Al's Tavern at 2303 N 45th st. in Wallingford. The one at The Conor Byrne has fizzled.
On the 9th The Marlin James Trio is at The Little Red Hen 7115 Woodlawn Ave NE. I haven't heard this trio, but Marlin is a fine guitar picker and singer.
The 12th I'm playing with a real fine Western Swing band, The Jangles with Paul Anastasio on fiddle and I'll be playing my Remington triple 8 and some six string guitar. We'll be at the Rotary Club in Issaquah about 15 miles East of town. I'm not sure if this is a strictly members only thing or not, though. I think we're playing from 8-10 PM.
Knut Bell at The Hen is probably a good bet. I believe Pat Rowe is playing steel with him now and he's a real tasty player.
Steve, if I get done in time Friday I might have to drop by the Bit on the way home.
Eric Corgey

Post by Eric Corgey »

Thanks Dave
Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

did you see anyone? just curious...
Eric Corgey

Post by Eric Corgey »

No..never did make it to any live music, too tired after workin all day. What a beautiful place ya'll have there!
Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

Mild weather(no tornados or hurricanes), no bugs, no snakes, no alligators, Lots of venues, I moved here from Louisiana to go to school after the Marines and stayed. I do miss the south more and more though, especially the food. If I had known Dave was playing I would have recommended him. Best Steel/tele player in town hands down.