Post here if you're looking for something special
Warren Cohran

gibson guitar

Post by Warren Cohran »

Want buy or trade for Gibson Cec chet atkins guitar thanks warren
Rich Hlaves

Post by Rich Hlaves »

Warren,

If cec is the steel string model I have one I would part with for the right price. Finish is cherry sunburst and the condition is excellent +++, almost minty less a very slight amount of playing wear. All the gold plating is still nice too. Shoot me an email for more info and pics.

Best,

Rich
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I believe the CEC is the nylon string, narrow neck model. The CE was the wider neck, like a standard classical. I believe the steel string model was the SST. I have a CEC I might consider selling, it gets played about once every two or three years. It is wine red color.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Actually I was backwards, the CE is the narrower neck, the CEC is the wider neck. Had a gray haired moment there.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

I have a Gibson Chet Atkins nylon-string. One of the earlier models. It is totally functional, nothing broken or anything like that, but it is NOT pristine by a long shot. Definitely a player. It has a natural top but a white pickguard was made and installed. Original case but, although certainly usable and functional, that has seen the road, too.
Mike Castleberry

I have a 2007 ES-137 Custom-It's close to a chet

Post by Mike Castleberry »

Mike Castleberry

Here's another pic

Post by Mike Castleberry »

Rich Hlaves

Post by Rich Hlaves »

Mike,

I think your guitar is similar to the Country Gentleman. I believe Warren is after the solid body acoustic eletric Chet Atkins. Here is a pic I lifted from Ebay:

These where made in Steel string and nylon string versions with several variations of each over the years. 2004 was the last of them I believe other that the Epiphone unit of a couple years ago. They have no acoustic sound really and need to be plugged in but make great stage guitars due to great feedback rejection.

Best,

Rich
joe b. wheeler

gib. chet atkins

Post by joe b. wheeler »

warren; here's one on denver's craigslist [not mine]...joe
http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/1230728969.html
Warren Cohran

gibson

Post by Warren Cohran »

thanks Joe im not really interested in an epiphone i want the gibson cec or ce . warren