We saw Vince Gill last night

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jamie Peghiny

We saw Vince Gill last night

Post by Jamie Peghiny »

Sandi and I went to see Vince Gill last night at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Mass. What a great show! That guy can really pick! His 10 piece band played for almost 3 hours, no opener, no intermission. Oh yes, the steel player was really good too! I'm pretty sure his name is Russ Paul. He was playing a blond Sho-Bud S-10 3x4 through a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Probably a Pro-I but I couldn't make out the model from our seats up in the balcony. Very tasteful playing.
If you get a chance to see this band, definitely do it.
Jamie
Carter U -12, Fender Pro Duo, Martin DC28, Gibson ES175, G&L L-2000 bass, PRS Bass, Fender Vibrolux, Selmer Tenor, Buescher Alto, Conn Alto
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

I would go see him but when I heard the first few notes of the kick off to Look at us I'd be the first one standing up screaming and clapping and actin' a fool and then my wife would be embarresed and people would complain and then I'd get thrown out and.......well you know the rest. I don't think I should go. :lol:
........well maybe just once.........
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Charley Adair

Post by Charley Adair »

Several years ago I went to a George Strait concert at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio. Opening for George,(an all afternoon affair)were Emelio, Mark Chessnut, Patti Loveless, Jeff Foxworthy, and John Hughey. John had Vince Gill playing with him. He let Vince pick and sing, also. They were by far the best part of the whole show. No doubt Vince Gill enjoys what he does and does well. See him anytime you can.
Tommy Wallace

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Hey Jamie ,was Russ maybe playing his Show Pro ?
Jamie Peghiny

Hmmm, ShoBud or ShoPro

Post by Jamie Peghiny »

Well, now I'm not so sure, I was sitting up in the balcony and my binoculars were pretty low magnification. It sure looked like a Shobud. It had a blond body with darker wood neck, probably mahogany. It was a single neck, and the body looked like an SD10 but a little narrower. Is he on the forum, let's find out! Jamie
Carter U -12, Fender Pro Duo, Martin DC28, Gibson ES175, G&L L-2000 bass, PRS Bass, Fender Vibrolux, Selmer Tenor, Buescher Alto, Conn Alto
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

That would be Russ PAHL
Bob Baringer

Post by Bob Baringer »

Wife and I saw that show last night at the "State Theater" in Easton Pa. A great show and as was stated Vince started and never stopped for almost 3 hrs. That steel looked like a Sho-Pro but I could not get close enough to be sure, all sounded Great, steel could have been a little louder in the mix, go see if you get a chance...
Justin Schipper

Post by Justin Schipper »

I've been lucky enough to hang with Russ a bit and Russ plays a Show Pro and he uses a 2x4 setup. He just has the A and B pedals.
Lavon Chappell

Vince Gill

Post by Lavon Chappell »

I agree with Charley.John had Vince playing with him.
Although Vince is great also.
Jason Stillwell

Post by Jason Stillwell »

Justin Schipper wrote:I've been lucky enough to hang with Russ a bit and Russ plays a Show Pro and he uses a 2x4 setup. He just has the A and B pedals.
The first thing that popped into my mind was, "How do you play Look At Us with just A&B?" :?
Paul E. Brennan

Post by Paul E. Brennan »

The first thing that popped into my mind was, "How do you play Look At Us with just A&B?" Confused
If indeed he only has A & B pedals then he must use the F lever. This is what I used to do until one day I accidentally hit the C pedal and it sounded just right.