amp repair

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

tomsteel

amp repair

Post by tomsteel »

Hey guys.I have two peavey amps that need repaired.A session 500 and an ltd400 1975 model with a metal faceplate silver knobs.I know there are places in Nashville that I could fix them.What kind of prices does peavey have?By the time you paid for shipping both ways,,,It would probaly be better to just drop them off at the amp fixing place.Who in Nashville would anyone recommend?Thanks.Thomas Malugin Columbia,TN
Mark MacKenzie

Post by Mark MacKenzie »

Todd Sharp, Nashville Amp Service.

Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Peavey was at $55.00 per hour at the first of the year. I run the same rate as them in my shop. Most shops I have checked in Georgia run $65.00 or more per hour.

If you pull the chassis and send them by FedEx you will do a lot better on the freight.

If you have someone local that knows these amps well I would use them. If they are not really familiar with them I would have second thoughts.
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

Or you could just send it to Ken Fox and get it done right.
Doug Palmer

Amp

Post by Doug Palmer »

Ken, are you guy who fixes the old Randall Steelman 500 amps? I have one that works but is fuzzy. It was at one time the best amp I ever played through. It's real heavy, I can take the amp out of the cabinet.

Doug
Emmons D-10, ST-10,LD-10 III, NV-112,Fender Deluxe Reverb. Authorized wholesale dealer musicorp.com!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Due to the obsolete parts that they have in them I have avoided the Randall amps.