Wi. Dairy Jam music and fun

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Roger Miller

Wi. Dairy Jam music and fun

Post by Roger Miller »

Just got back from the show, and I got to tell you. If you weren't there, you were square. The fun was a ton of jokes and fellowship. This was a wonderful show presented by Craig and Suzie, Micheal and Lynnette, and unforgettable Mark Wayne, and Chad Karnitz. Performances by David Church, Maggie Mae were steller, Herby Wallace with some amazing Standards that were a handfull to play but I love that kind of work. Mike Sweeney was grabbing strings, on the steel, not weedeaters. The other performers, were performing songs that showed the diversity of music. From the Beatles to Nashville, you heard the tunes. What a venue, the Mead Hotel was a perfect place and hope it stays there. You must consider this show next year, it is fun.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Roger I am glad you had fun and I want to thank everybody that helped to make it a success. I don't know what to do to top this year but I will think of something. Mike, Herby, and Danny were outstanding as well as our house band, Mark Wayne, Tom Pickett Jr.,Jim Jinkerson, Glenn Runnells, and you, Roger Miller. I also would like to thank all the staff and the sound and lighting people, Michael Cutsforth, Dennis Neidert,James lau, and Glenn Runnells.A big thanks goes out to all the other players from five other states that played their keesters off. There wasn't a bad one in the bunch.
Last edited by Craig A Davidson on 23 Mar 2009 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

I want to thank Danny Hullihan for bring Marilyn and Jaxie with him. Danny's playing is just plain kick in the butt especially with that Mullen G2, all wood. That set-up of the twin reverb and Mullen G2 sounded like they were specially designed for each other. The girls did a great performance of a scorned relationship with "She's got You." I'll never forget that. Love you girls. His band just gave Danny what he needed to perform a Texas style country sound. Great work.
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

Mark's rendition of "Harbor Lights" played with a drill motor was something else.

A big thank you to all of you that worked so hard to make this a fabulous weekend. Only 52 weeks to go till the next one.

Geo
Leroy Deuster

A Big Thank You!

Post by Leroy Deuster »

I would like to say thank you to Craig, Sue and all the players for putting together an awesome show. Adam Pope, Lisa Horngren and I really appreciated being a part of such a great event. I'm already looking forward to next year!
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Just got home(it's 1:43 AM) and I wanted to say our thank yous to everyone involved with the show. It was really good to see all our old friends and make some new ones. Teresa and I wish you all success with your future shows.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
James Leaman

Post by James Leaman »

I also want to thank all the people mentioned above. It was a great show and overall weekend!

Thanks also to the veterans for making me feel included as a 1st time performer. I hope to keep doing it. Wonderful show!

Thanks, Jim
Jory Simmons

Hairy Dairy

Post by Jory Simmons »

Thats Right! Best Wi show to date! Absolutely packed both days, and superb playing by all. Count me in every year! Danny's Blue Flame G2 was a sight to behold!!!! Thanks Craig and Susie for another great time at the Mead!
Jory Simmons
Bill McRoberts

Dairy State Steel Guitar Show

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Craig, Susie and all of the staff...Thank you! This show HAS truly evolved into one of the best in the country. It brings so many people together for the love of the Steel Guitar. I enjoyed all of the players sets (I think we're all nervous on stage) and enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new friends Jim Leaman, also Adam Pope, Lisa Horngren from Leroy's show just to name a few.
Tom Pickett Jr

great show

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

thanks everyone for the invite. it truly is an honor to get to play with ya all. over the years ive created some great friends, each and everyone of you make me feel more and more at home....i like that!! :D
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

As always, this was a fantastic show, and the house was packed to the walls everyday! I am overwhelmed of the many compliments I received at this show, including the great response we received with our "theatrical" rendition of Patsy Clines's ", She's Got You" as performed by my bass player, Jaxie Hartman. I am indeed very honored to have been invited back again for next years show! :D

Craig and Suzie are the greatest hosts ever, and their hard work always shows with one of the best shows in the nation!

Many many thanks to the staff band and sound crew. There's none better!
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Although we couldn't get to Rapids until Sunday noon, we really enjoyed all the steel players we did get to hear-- especially Herby Wallace and Mike Sweeney! And, of course, as mentioned earlier in this thread, viewing Jaxie's rendition of "She's Got You" was priceless!

Shows that continue to feature steel guitar require lots of hard work and commitment, but the effort is worthwhile to those who share the love for this instrument.

We'll echo Roger's comment...if you didn't attend this year, be sure you do in 2010.
...lefty & barb

p.s. Mark, have you ever tried to peel a banana w/ that drill you had on stage during our set? :lol:
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

One special event I haven't forgotten was when Leroy, Adam, and Lisa played their set. Adam is a true songwriter by all means. Really enjoyed the somgs and I'm sure we'll all be hearing more from him. Lisa played acoustic bass and electric bass as only a pro would. She was entertaining to watch and wonder how she puts so much energy into the songs. Leroy was as tastefull as you can get and I am really impressed with his accomplishments. Great job and I really enjoyed your set.
Mark Wayne

Post by Mark Wayne »

Lefty.. No, never tried peelin' a banana with that thing :)

It's great to play with a house band that "grooves" like Rog, Glenn, Jim and Tommy.
Mark Wayne Krutke
****markwayne.biz****
Herby Wallace

WI Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I just wanted to add that it has been 7 years since I played this show and I can't tell how great it was. I do around 20 steel guitar shows a year all around the country and this one was one of the best that I've done. First, and always most important to me was the backup band and the sound. The entire band was excellent. Every song I played had the correct feel and groove plus all the right chord changes. Believe me, after having a stroke 3 years ago, it is much harder for me to try and play than ever before and having a good band makes all the difference. Next the hotel was excellent and I can't say enough about the great bar-b-que buffet. Not to brag, but I do consider myself an expert in the dining department, and the food just blew me away. Again, the show was first class in every way and I certainly hope to get back sometime in the future. Thanks Craig and Sue for a job well done.

Herby Wallace
Leroy Deuster

Videos

Post by Leroy Deuster »

I am posting some videos from the show. You can find them on youtube by typing my name in the youtube search box. I will also start a string under Steel on the Web titled A New Country Sound Adam Pope.
Thanks everyone for a great time!!!
Leroy Deuster

Bump

Post by Leroy Deuster »

Bump^^^^^^^^^^