Ray Price on Fox News Channel - TONIGHT (Between 8 and 9PM)

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ken Mizell

Ray Price on Fox News Channel - TONIGHT (Between 8 and 9PM)

Post by Ken Mizell »

Turn on FOX NEWS CHANNEL - ASAP - Ray Price and the Cherokee Cowboys are on the Huckabee show tonight between 8-9 PM. The show just came on. Not sure when Ray will be on. Imagine this, The Chief on nationwide TV.
Steeless.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

The man still has it! Great to see Jim on steel with him. That has to be one of Huck's most notable jobs as a musician.
Paul Barker

Go Chief!

Post by Paul Barker »

Just watched it. What a thrill to see the man that started it all the way we like it!!
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

I enjoyed it. Ray's still got it,for sure. I do wish we had been able to hear all of Crazy Arms before the end of the show or commercial, but I'm greatful for what we got. I also loved seeing a pedal steel player, up close and personal, on a national TV show. You could almost read the writing on his finger picks! I could also see he was using Blue Herco thumb picks. It's not often we see a steel player that close. Jim's playing was great too.
Steeless.
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the heads up. That was good stuff.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Thank you Ken; I enjoyed it too. Hopefully he'll have him on again sans comercials. That Emmons sounded real sweet. Who was that playing the Emmons?
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Jim Loessberg on steel.
Steeless.
Peter Freiberger

Post by Peter Freiberger »

That's a wonderful guitar, too. It's a wraparound rebuilt by Mike Cass with ten knee levers. Great to see a unique instrument like that out there being used regularly.

Too bad Huckabee took the bass job from Ray's regular upright player.
Rick Ulrich

Post by Rick Ulrich »

Tuned into it just by accident. Sure glad I did. My wife was in the other room and said who is that singing. When I told her, she said, "Wow, he still has his voice." Very classy too, didn't hardly recognize Jim while wearing a tie, but that is class. Just might tune into Huckabee again if he puts on that kind of show.
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Anyone know who the fiddle player was?
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

My wife saw Huckabee and she said that Ray did a fantastic job as always. Tommy
L. A. Wunder

Post by L. A. Wunder »

My dad hollered me off the computer to come see it. I'm glad he did.
Chuck Huffman
Location: Sonora, California, Now Living in Siloam Springs, Ar. USA

Post by Chuck Huffman »

I watched it on the computer because I missed it. It was still great even on the computer. He is one top notch guy. I grew up listening to Mr. Price and he still sounds great.. loved the close ups of the steel player.
Who would have thought a major news network would one of the few greats left on the show. Huck did a good job by inviting him to the show. :)
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

A while back Huck had the legendary great lead guitarist James Burton on his show. They talked about his days with Elvis and Rick Nelson, and he played A LOT. I'd say James Burton got 3x the exposure Ray did. I guess we have to keep track of who he might have on as a guest star each week.
Steeless.
Jerry Mason

Ray Price on Huckabee Show

Post by Jerry Mason »

If you missed seeing Ray Price on Huckabee, there is part of his performance on Fox news.com/Huckabee.
Good camera coverage of Jim's steel part.
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

The fiddle player was none other than Arizona native Craig Delphia!!! Craig used to play with Ray some years ago and this gig was a last minute suprize for him. Craig & I play at The Stage on Broadway when we both are in town on a Saturday nite. Craig had just told me that he sure wished he could play with Ray just one more time! Well guess it happened for him!! Craig plays for Trent Wilmon. He is truly a master of his instrument and I am proud to call him my friend.
Mike Kowalik

Fiddle player for Ray Price....

Post by Mike Kowalik »

Tommy B. thanks for the info.....he looked familiar and what first caught my eye was that he was playing through a Music Man amp....don't see many fiddle players using that brand.
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

Mike Craig loves that amp. He has two of them. We re-tubed that amp the day he left LOL ! :D