What's the Deal

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

James.
Yes we stopped video taping in the late 90's, but I have 10 years worth of show video's from different venues that I was and am involved with.

I could never in the rest of my life get it all posted, but I will post a bunch.

Stay tuned.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Alan Miller

Post by Alan Miller »

Bill, I go to steel on the web as soon as log on , without your efforts I wouldnt see any of these great players.
I have not heard that version of Buds Bounce but I must ditto a previous comment, I think it is also the best version I've heard.

I watched the video of you and young Austin several days ago , lovely stuff ,I commented on youtube but not here, I think all that watch the videos you digitize to youtube know how fortunate we are to see these players and even though many dont comment Im sure we all love to see them.
Joe Blount

Whats the deal

Post by Joe Blount »

Bill, you are appreciated more than you know by music lovers around the world, more so by steel guitar players. If it wasn't for your hard work we would
miss out on lot's of good video's that we probably would
never get to see or hear. Keep up the good work. We are LISTENING. Joe
Uffe Edefuhr

Post by Uffe Edefuhr »

Bill. Sorry if steel guitar people here in sweden not have made any comment on your posts on YouTube.
Of course we love all those, so nice videos that you have posted.. Every time I go in to the net, I first look after steel guitar posts!
You are one of the best steel guitar promoters on the net today! I hope I will meet you one day on an steel meeting in USA.
Keep up the good work for us steelers living out of the steel homeland!
Regards
Uffe
Ps. My english is not the best, but I hope you can see my point!
Bill Bailey

Bill

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D
Bill, Thanks for all your work and contributions to us steel lovers. I usually look at the videos and before they are over I have this intense impulse to run to my steel and practice real hard, keep up the good work and I promise I will post on the next one if I can watch it through all the way.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Bill, I've enjoyed the clips you've posted on youtube, and the many other steel clips there... but I have never posted a response there and I have never registered with youtube. I just watch occasionally. A lot of players view the videos and enjoy them, but don't post responses.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Bill---frankly I'm not sure if I have or haven't responded here to any of your youtube postings. If I have not, I've been seriously remiss. My apologies. You have a gold mine of material and I can't begin to express how much I appreciate your work on these videos and your sharing of them. They are an outstanding library of steel guitar performance. Thank you.
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Hi Bill,

In my case it's time management issue I always seem to be in a hurry. I sincerely appreciate your efforts and the videos you share. You are correct... the least we could do is tell you how much we enjoy them.

I remember a few years back everyone wanted to see these videos. Thank you! for sharing these priceless memories of our heroes.

Kind Regards,

Jerry
Clyde Bloodworth

Post by Clyde Bloodworth »

I think we all get too busy to be mindful and thankful for the hard work others do to enrich our lives. This is a sad indictment of the times. I thank you for the videos and will try to help the cause by commenting on YouTube.
Clyde
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Bill, I watch some of the video's but also never respond. The important stat is the view count anyway, not the responses. The problem with YouTube , it's kinda like Ebay, once you start you venture off into a totally different journey than anticipated. Sometimes I start with a fine Steel Guitar performance and end up with a funny cat video.

This forum section is chock full of folks posting links to "there" clips. We can't do it all, we can't respond to it all.

but we appreciate them all.

t
Mark Durante

Post by Mark Durante »

Keep up the good work Bill!