Buying my first Hilton volume pedal, need advice!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Rung

Buying my first Hilton volume pedal, need advice!

Post by Brian Rung »

Well, another scratchy pot on my trusty old goodrich, (1,000 gigs and counting) Finally decided to try a Hilton, need to know which one is "the one" to get...

I've done some homework online, what is the difference in the "new design" and the original?

Does the new power supply have any effect on the tone?

Will the low profile pedal be close to my Goodrich 120?

The goodrich 120 is the only volume pedal I've gigged with, would like to find something that "feels" like a 120, I appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Aspiring Hawaiian.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Brian,

Click Here! for a review I did of the new lightweight Hilton pedal. Included in the review are pictures comparing the Goodrich 120 and the Hilton at all different angles as well as some specs on angles and heights the pedals sit at when fully on and off. I added a tune, recorded with the Hilton pedal and some information on the power supply. You can click on any of the smaller pics and get them super sized.

Greg
Mike Ester

Post by Mike Ester »

Brian, I replaced my Goodrich 120 with the low-profile Hilton, using the plug-in power supply.

I have not regretted it a bit.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

I've had my Hilton for right at 5 years now....and I have to say a happy farewell to "ALL" pot pedals. My Hilton is one with the attached power supply, so it's just a little heavier than a Goodrich 120, and mine is also the low profile. It in no way changes the tone....it's the greatest pedal I've ever owned. Love my Hilton......thanks Keith for building a great pedal.....buy the pedal man.....you'll be happy you did....IMO......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Brian Kurlychek

Post by Brian Kurlychek »

I have a low profile hilton. I like it. But I have nothing to compare it to because I've never used anything else.
We live to play another day.
Robert Harper

Never regretted it

Post by Robert Harper »

I guess I have used my Hilton for three years now. It is probably the best improvement I have made. Hasn't improved my playing, tone or attitude, but It is smooth, reliable and always there
"Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first begin to deceive" Someone Famous
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Brian we have the Hilton's in stock with FREE shipping and still at the original price. :D

www.fredjusticemusic.com
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Gary Carriger

Post by Gary Carriger »

Brian,
I've been using a Hilton for several years now. I've sent you a private message.
Gary
Brian Rung

Post by Brian Rung »

Thanks guys, very helpful, my Hilton is on the way...
Aspiring Hawaiian.
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Atta boy Brian. :) :)
Keep pickin', Larry
Brian Rung

Post by Brian Rung »

Hilton came today.

WOW!
Aspiring Hawaiian.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Hey Brian. I'm late on my input, but you made the right choice. I have a low profile I bought from Fred Justice and I love it (except for having something else to plug in)