Steel Jam Fulton Ms Jan. 31

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

J PARKER

Steel Jam Fulton Ms Jan. 31

Post by J PARKER »

We will be having a good steel jam in Fulton, Ms on January the 31st. from 4pm to 10 pm. Address is 704 access road fulton, Ms. Lots of good players already confirmed and there will be vendors there as well. Happy New Year to all. You can contact me at 601 655 8765 or Jackie at 662 401 7017
Katie Smith

Fulton Jam

Post by Katie Smith »

Who are the players confirmed so far ?
Tommy Young

Steel Jam

Post by Tommy Young »

YEE HAA sounds good hope there's a bunch of these local guy's ready to pick after the Holidays,, and they done been setting around wood sheddin all winter and gittin it all just right,,

KATIE:::good to see you getting ready to come down and hear all this good MUSIC,,, maybe we can find you a starter guitar..and get you pickin soon
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Things are looking good for the 31st tommy and i guess im going to bring you some moon pies and collard greens with me. Jim
Wayne Goff

show

Post by Wayne Goff »

jim

i sure would love to be able to come up to north miss to to be with a group of fine pickers.

maybe next time and who knows we may bring a crowd from the coast.

they say drummers always hang around good pickers cause they are always trying to learn something

have a happy new year

wayne g.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

YEEE HAAA LOVE them moon pies and Collard Greens,, Jim bring them with some Pepper Sauce and I'll have to beet those boys off me sos I can eat-um anyways hope to see all you guy's up there even them Drummers thats trying to learn something different and not so noisey, Hope you can make it WAYNE its a great bunch of guy's up there, got some good burgers there too in case ole JIM don't bring those greens and Moon pies :D
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Katie,
I just got off the phone with Jackie Johnson, the gentleman who owns the Tombigbee Jamboree and also hosts the steel shows, and he told me that to his knowledge, the line up of players would include several local steel players such as: Danny Lyles, Tommy Oliver, Odell Burgess, Dale Stacy, Smith Benjamin, Jim Parker and several others whose names he couldn't recall right off. Tommy Young will be there, although I don't know if they've got Tammy talked into playing, or just demoing some of his modded guitars.
Katie Smith

Post by Katie Smith »

Thanks for the info everyone ! I have put the date on my calender, hope nothing suddenly prevents the trip. Some of the local names I am familiar with, and I'm sure there will be lots of great steelers in Fulton on Jan.31 Is there a chance that Tyler Hall or Wayne Bridge will be there ? 8)
J PARKER

Jam

Post by J PARKER »

Katie not that i no of they wont be there but we are going to have a great time and looking forward to seeing you there. There is a chance that more will be there and they normally are. Lem good to see you on the forum and hope that you can come as well. Jim
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

I've got to work that weekend with a new band I'm just starting with, wo, I won't be able to make that trip....but tell everyone that we send greetings from LA......have a great time.....HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Thanks Hal for your reply and hate you cant make it but things are shaping up to be a nice jam that day. Im looking forward to seeing all my old friends there. Doc get ready cause here we go again. Jim
Doc Rickles

Fulton Jam

Post by Doc Rickles »

Jim its shaping up.
Get Ready! How do you get what you are!
It will be a great time. Can't wait to see everybody.

Doc "Old Gold Country" Rickles
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

GET THEM GUITARS READY ITS GETTING CLOSER EVERYDAY,,, BOY I AM READY TO GO,, HAVEN;T BEEN TO A SHOW """THIS YEAR"""" YET
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Tommy Oliver

Post by Tommy Oliver »

Looking foward to seeing everyone again at the jam in Fulton on the 31st.
Thanks for the invite :D
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Tommy looking forward to seeing you again and all that attend and i think its going to be a great time. This is for the beginner to the advanced players and everyone gets to play. Starts at 4 PM until 10 that night. Jim
Tommy Oliver

Post by Tommy Oliver »

Thats what makes these types of events so much fun J. Everyone has the chance to join in and it's also a lot of fun and good wholesome entertainment for the whole family whether you play or just enjoy the music and all the folks at the Tombigbee Jamboree sure make you feel at home.
Ben ODell

Hummmmmm !!

Post by Ben ODell »

Now,,,, that's got the makins of a sho-nuff jam.

Tommy, I guess I read it wrong, cause I knows you was talking about hot sauce on them collards,,,,not moon pies. Come to think of it though,,,, moon pies might be good with some good ole home grown peppers sauce, :eek: but I think I'll stick to the collards.

Ms Mickey and me have been trying to plan a trip to visit one of my "DEAR", aunts, what lives in Merigold, Ms.

Let me put that address in my GPS, check the schedule, see if I can float a loan at the bank (to buy gas), and maybe we can throw our other pair of britches in a grocery sack, (paper or plastic) and come up there. Just have to LET YOU KNOW,,, JIM.

If I do come, I'll brang my own green onions to eat with them collards. :D And,,,, I might want to slip on over to Ethelsville, (if time permits) and take a look at some of Tommy's nieghbors.

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Well folks just a week away. Ben bring yourself on up to Fulton and ill sho nuff put ya to work playing some. Ben is one of my most favorite Bass players. Jim
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

OH yes there's MR. OLIVER glad he's coming Jim he's that silky smooth Emmon's playing fellar,,, glad he's gonna make it he play's real country too..GOD willing I'm gonna try and make this show as its making for a goodun...
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Bump for this is going to be a good-unnnnnnn MAMA Dean is going to be there as well to sing
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

HA HA BEN Them Collards sho-nuf is good wif some of that Home grown HOT PEPPER SAUCE we makes over here in the suburbs of ETHELSVILLE ALA.as they won't let them folks Farm there in the business district, but if you get a chance come on by the MAX-TONE workings here,,, as we got a few of them coyote's we been using for yard dog's :lol:. Be sure to watch for the west bound freighter that fly's thru there real fast after lunch :lol: now be sure not to come when I'm gone to this fine show...... BEN-JAMMIN ODELL I'm going to be mad if you come by and don't stop by my humble abode :whoa: :whoa:
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Katie Smith

Post by Katie Smith »

Sounds like Saturday is shaping up to be a super jam, but, not sure I will be able to make it after all. Got laid off from my job today, after five years. Things are just tough everywhere, but please remember me in your prayers...
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

I will remember you Katie and hope you find work soon. Andy Jones will be in the house with us as well and good steel player and banjo picker to.Maybe ill get a chance to eat a moonpie my self. LOL
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

AWW KATIE,,, that's a shame girl maybe you'll find another one this week, sorry to here this about one of our members,, Good luck in your quest to find one and may ""GOD BLESS""your friend
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Folks,this is one of the best steel shows I've been to;and trust me,I've been to plenty of them.You won't find more hospitable people anywhere.Great back up musicians,a large stage and plenty of room.There are several very good singers,male and female,to entertain you.Heck,I may even sing myself!Don't miss this show! See you Saturday!