Strings

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tommy Shown

Strings

Post by Tommy Shown »

Maybe I can get some help on this matter, I am wanting to change the strings on Emmons to try to enhance the tone on the E9 neck, I have had SIT Buddy Emmons on it. The guitar stays in tune, but after a while the tone goes away.
Jonathan Cullifer

Post by Jonathan Cullifer »

Strings go dead in a month or so if you don't play them, and even faster if you do. When I play a lot, I change my strings every 2-3 weeks. If you change them before they're dead, they'll rarely break.
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

Thanks guys,you both have given me some good advice, I'll have to try to get some of that "Fast Fret". Do you know where I could get some?
Sonny Priddy

Strings

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Did You ever Try a Set Of Jagwire Strings? SONNY.
Tommy Shown

Re: Strings

Post by Tommy Shown »

Sonny Priddy wrote:Did You ever Try a Set Of Jagwire Strings? SONNY.
A good friend was talking to me about them, But the local music store does not carry them. I would like to try them. I've heard so much about them.
Thanks Sonny
Tommy Shown
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

You can buy jagwires here on the forum. Just click on strings. I haven't used anything other string since I started using Jagwires. Well, actually I did try a couple other brands again but came back to Jagwires.
Keep pickin', Larry
Andy Hinton

Strings

Post by Andy Hinton »

Tommy; I think I noticed in another thread that you live in Shreveport. If so, Drive 30 miles east on I-20 to Roberts Music store in Minden. Bring your Steel & we'll even help you put a set of Jags on it & while we're at we'll jam for 3 or 4 hours to make sure they're what you want. Andy Hinton :D :D
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

I have found that Frenchy's Silent Series by SIT in nickel wound are the best I have used. As said, if you are playing a lot, change your strings often. I do a lot of playing, and change the 3rd, 4th, and 5th strings every week. New set every third week. I don't change C6th strings that often as I don't play much on C6th, unfortunatly. Jody.
Tommy Shown

Re: Strings

Post by Tommy Shown »

Andy Hinton wrote:Tommy; I think I noticed in another thread that you live in Shreveport. If so, Drive 30 miles east on I-20 to Roberts Music store in Minden. Bring your Steel & we'll even help you put a set of Jags on it & while we're at we'll jam for 3 or 4 hours to make sure they're what you want. Andy Hinton :D :D
Hey Andy,
I live in Denham Springs about ten miles outside of Baton Rouge. If you have a mailing address, you could possibly give and a price on them, I would greatly appreciate. I got talk to the Warden (aka the wife) about a yard furlough. Sounds like a great idea. Just PM me If you would?
Tommy Shown