Deep South Steel Show date

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

Deep South Steel Show date

Post by Bill Stafford »

Proud to announce the the DSSG show for the new year will be on February 21st, 2009 at the VFW on Dedeaux Road, Gulfport, Ms. I just received the building availability date this afternoon and will be posting players list in the next few weeks. Ever since the Katrina storm, where most-if not all- of the buildings were either damaged or destroyed, the places large enough for us to be comfortable in have been booked solid etc. Getting better now. I want to thank all for their support in the past. Looking forward to a good show to start this next year.
And should any of you desire to be on this show please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks again.
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr
Restricted

Dssga

Post by Billy Carr »

Happy New Year, Mr. Smooth. Me and the little Magnum will make plans to be there for a great show. Thanks for everything you do for us ole steel pickers. See ya in Feb.!
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

I'm making plans to be there for at least part of the day, so put my name on the players list Bill, and BTW....if you "forumites" haven't gotten Bills new CD, "Unforgettable", make sure you get one, it will definitely be an unforgettable part of your Steel Guitar CD Collection. (Just a little plug for ya Bill)....Feb.21st.....not too far away....will get here quicker than ya think. HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Dssg

Post by Bill Stafford »

Thanks Billy and Hal. Got you both on the line up. Thanks for this support. Hal, plan on opening our show with your illustruous rendition of our National Anthem. Hal plays this song better than anyone I have ever heard at any of the steel shows and we are most fortunate that he "belongs" to DSSG. Lots of great talent here and a good crowd is expected. When Billy Carr and his gang cut loose, good music abounds.
I have been contacted by one of the biggest steel guitar names and hopefully I will be able to announce his presence soon. Keep posted. Hope to see a lot of you here Feb. 21st.
Bill Stafford
Barney Y. Miller

Post by Barney Y. Miller »

It is always a great honor for me to be a part of your show Bill. Also get a chance to pick with the artist that back up all the fine steel players there..Ben O'Dell, Ed Clark. Wayne Goff, Joe Allen , R.J Buras and Bobby Saxon . They really make us old steel players sound better than we really are. Thanks again for your invitation. See you on the 21st.
Barney
Bill Stafford

Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Barney, the honor is ours when you come join our show here in Gulfport. It will be good to see and hear you again. Thanks for your support.
Bill Stafford
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

Post by Roland Buras »

Wow! this is great. Bill I really enjoyed our Christmas Visit with you and Betty, Thanks so much.

let me know what i can do to help you with the Steel Show Arrangements.

At Your Service;

R J Buras
Excel SuperB SD 12 7x9 "only playing 3x5 for now :lol: :lol:
Ben ODell

Dssg Show !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Looking forward to being there, Bill.

Gotta check my schedule, and I don't have it handy. I think, that is one of my "MOONLIGHTING" dates.

HOWEVER..........I'll be there. May have to leave but I'll confirm the "STAY TILL THE COWS COME HOME" thing.

Sure hope ole Barney can make it. Incidently, Uncle Barney Miller, done and got himself inducted into the ATLANTA COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME. I got me a picher of him dressed all up like a, penguin, during the presentation. Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving feller. He shore does clean up good. :D

Gotta wrap my paws around a copy of that new ALLLBLLLUM. As usual, I'll bet it's dinny-mite.

Also, wanna see that new "MAG-NA-TIZER", of Billy's. I've heard, Billy installed little clips (on the legs)to screw it to the floor, IT'S GOT SO MUCH THRUST.

I'll let you know bout that date.

Ben-Jamin ODell

Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

MR. BILL I was just readin about all these great pickers thats gonna be there and showin off all those shiny new steel guitars, [[[sure wish i could get me one]]]] anyways I'm gonna do my best to try an be there,,, as that is the last weekend of Mardigras, and Fat Tuesday is only a couple days away, might just get me a chance to catch a few of them MOON PIES they throw away down there,,, they are kinda tasty with this bologna and collard greens I been eatin all winter!!!!!!If you got room I'll try to bring some supplies to sell and a couple Guitars to play...
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Bill Stafford

Dssg

Post by Bill Stafford »

HI Tommy, sure good to see you will be here with your fantastic MODs. Have plenty of room for you to set up all you want. So glad to have you here with us. Thanks for your support.
Bill Stafford
Bill Napier

DSSG in Feb

Post by Bill Napier »

Hi Bill,

It has been a long dry spell between shows and Judy and I have been looking forward to this announcement for quite a spell now.
Hope Mr. Ed Clark will be there along with our friends Hal, Barney, Ben and the rest of the gang. We'll see you all then.
Meanwhile, a most Happy New Year to you and Miss Betty and to all who read this post!
Wayne Appleby

Post by Wayne Appleby »

Ha Bill, Happy New Year and we wish we could be there with ya'll, should be back in the US soon though.

Have a great day

Wayne & Jean
Bill Stafford

Thanks Wayne

Post by Bill Stafford »

WOW! what a way to end this year-hearing from Wayne Apelby and Jean Stafford. Just let me now when you all will be in the states and we will throw a really big steel show with lots of southern hospitality.
This show is growing rapidly. Herby Wallace has just confirmed. Bob Saxton will be on stage along with our staff DSSG band. Glad to see that Bill Napier will be here too. More talent surprises on the way also. Happy New Year everyong.
Bill Stafford
Herby Wallace

Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I am happy to say that I will be at Bill Stafford's show in February. Bill and I have been friends for many years and we even did an album together back in the eighties. It is always a pleasure to be a part of Bill's show, as it is always first class in every way. I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace
Wayne Appleby

Post by Wayne Appleby »

Thanks Bill, we would love to take you up on the offer and we will be in contact,
Jean said she would love to sing with you all at the convention as long as you play steel with her.

Wayne

http://www.nashvillemusicpros.com/profile/WayneAppleby
Bill Stafford

Jean Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

WOW, what a major treat for me to be on stage with Jean Stafford. And in Dallas, at that!! Folks, if you have not heard Jeans Western Swing music, you just haven't lived good enough yet. The session she did with John Hughey and Lloyd Green was fantastic. Wish I had better choice of words for her talent and should you hear her in Texas, we will all be much better off than ever before. Check her site out and know for yourself what a great talent this lady is. Australia's no. one singer too. And I am so proud of her last name also. Hope this all comes true. Will start practicing now and try to just sit on my hands with her on stage.....
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

From Agricola, MS

Post by Ben ODell »

BIG BUMP TO THE TOP !!!!
:D
Ben
Ben ODell

WHOOPY "HERBY" !!

Post by Ben ODell »

Well,,,you just made my day, tellim me, Herby was gonna be with us. Put my name in the hat, to help carry yo stuff in.

Shoot,,,,,,,,,,, just stand off over there on the sideline and supervise. Well jump in there and have it in the building afore you know it.

We'll just give you another bump BILLY. :D :)

Ben-Jamin "O" :) 8)
Doc Rickles

Dssga

Post by Doc Rickles »

Hi Bill,
Can't wait to be there again. Used to live less than a mile from the VFW. Always one of the best shows anywhere. True southern hospility here and in Laurel too. Must be the Mississippi in them.
I'm trying to find an "Old Steeler" that knows some of the "Old Gold Country" songs to play for me on a few songs. Will let you know if I hear from one.
Has to be redheaded, hardheaded, single and eat a lot of cheeseburgers and drink diet mountain dews and trying to quit smoking.
Will keep you posted should I find one.
See you in Feb.
Blessings
Doc
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Bill Stafford

HI Doc

Post by Bill Stafford »

Doc, the southern hospitality abounds here and is waiting for your entry. Let me know as soon as you can when you get that red headed steel player tuned up. I want him on the program. Good to hear from you and thanks for all your, and especially your gracious wife's, support. See you here, Come on back home.
And the surprises keep coming our way. A major, major announcement is on the way if it all works out.
21 Feb, don't anyone forget...
Bill Stafford
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

Post by Roland Buras »

Bill I had a great time Saturday night, got to pick with Mr. Tony Lane and Gary Moore in Mobile Alabama. These Guy's or awesome pickers. There were several musicians in the house. Everyone got a first hand welcome from you and the Deep South Club. I played a benefit show Friday night with Dennis williams and band from hattiesburg ms at the Joppa temple in Woolmarket, the show Deep south show was announced loud and clear.
Im Looking forward to seeing & hearing everyone on Feb 21st at the VFW Dedeaux Rd Gulfport Ms.

Sincerely;

R J Buras
Excel SuperB SD12 7x9 HA! Only playing 3x5 for now. :lol: :lol:
Bill Stafford

Announcement

Post by Bill Stafford »

DSSG is so proud to announce that Gary Moore will have his group-"The Smoke City Band"-in house and they will be one of our many feature acts. Great to hear from Gary again and glad he is back in the southern area. Show is growing so fast.
R.J. if you can touch base with Gary Moore and Tony Lane tell them I want to have them on the program also. Will be a full line up and that is what makes it so much fun. Ivan Reddington will be playing and showing off his new BENOIT-and that instrument is a sight to behold, much less play. Eight strings too.
Sounds as good as it looks, if not better.
Steve Sanford will be here with his EXCEL, R.J. Buras with his EXCEL, Doc Rickles with his EXCEL. Ken Henderson with his EXCEL, Gordon Dodson with his 14 string Julian Tharp tuned EXCEL, me with my EXCEL and we will make room for all the other brands too.
More on the major general appearance as soon as I have the confirmation. Thanks to all for the wonderful support. A great way to start our new year.
Bill Stafford
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Well Doc if hees old and ugly i guess that would be me but i still dont no cattle call. LOL Jim
Doc Rickles

Dssga Show

Post by Doc Rickles »

Well Jim, ugly wasn't one of the qualifications. but your'e so close I'll go ahead and tell Bill to sign you up. Anybody been around as much "Bull" as you have ought to know "Cattle Call", but since you don't, just change the song I'm going to sing to Steel Guitar Rag. I do it in Cb and I'll send you a chart on it. I do a real neat thing on the bridge, I switch to 5/4 time, modulate to Eb and close it out with a real good slow yodel.
Piece of cake,
Thanks Buddy,
Doc
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Ben ODell

Anudder Sock !!!!

Post by Ben ODell »

I just got an email from up around MID-TENN, and we gonna have some kinda special picker in the house with us. Just happens to be one of my mostest, favorite, "HEROS",,,, :eek:

Right up there close to Tony Lane. Oh yeah Jim Parker, he's ugly to. We talking "MUD-UGLY"

Ben-Jamin O'Dell