Stanley Gramacke

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Bruce W Heffner

Stanley Gramacke

Post by Bruce W Heffner »

Stanley passed away last August, according to a call I recieved Friday. Stanley was a great player from Pittston PA. He worked the sound for many years at the ISGC. He was 71 years old.
Bruce W Heffner AKA Wally

"We live in Arizona now."

Payson, AZ
Tom Vollmer

Post by Tom Vollmer »

Wally,
Sorry to hear.Stanley was an easy going guy and played nice steel.When the Emmons guitars first came on the market I was given a phone number by Stu Basore.I called and asked Ron Lashley where I could see an Emmons. He gave me Stan,s phone number and I went to see him.That was how I met Stan.He must have had one of the first PP made.I was playing a Fender 1000 ai ihe time and when I played the Emmons it was such a vast difference in everything especially the tone that I ordered one myself.The guitar I got was a very early model,I believe this was 1965.I played that guitar for 12 or 13 years and wore it out.I eventully sold it to Tommy Hannum who had it restored.Stanly and I talked about these guitars at one of your jams and Stanley said to his regret he sold his but I don,t know to who.
Rest in peace Stan
TV
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I'm sorry to hear this news. I'd met him a few times at Wally's jams but saw him most every year at ISGC, of course. A good fellow, he was. RIP, Stan.
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

Very sad to hear this; he was a nice guy.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Wow, I had no idea. The last time I spoke with Stan, early this year, he told me his health was pretty bad.

I don't think Stan had much family and that may be the reason no one let us know of his passing earlier.

Stan helped us in the sound booth at the ISGC for many years up until about 7 years ago when he quit coming to the show.

We will miss him.

Bill Ferguson
Kurt Kowalski

Post by Kurt Kowalski »

RIP Old Buddy!!!

I too will miss Stanley... He was a great guy and a real Pal.

I spent many hours recording with Stan.

Thanks for the update.

Kurt
Graham Bland

Stan

Post by Graham Bland »

So sorry to hear of Stans passing.
He was a great guy.
Albert Talley

so sad to hear

Post by Albert Talley »

We are so sorry to hear of Stanley's passing. He was a regular at the TSGA Jamboree and always so cheerful and friendly. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.Debbie and Albert TalleyTSGA
Rob Segal

Stan

Post by Rob Segal »

Stan was a very friendly man, totally loved steel. He was a very, very good player, though he got rusty in the later years. He showed me some great tasty stuff, and loved to talk anytime. He always secured a front row seat at the shows, and recorded everything, photographed everything. I will miss him, and may he rest in peace,

Rob Segal