pics, of sho-bud, fingertips,

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Lewis John Foote

pics, of sho-bud, fingertips,

Post by Lewis John Foote »

howdy,having been succesfull at finding what i want on the forum,and i have seen pics before of pern- fingertips, before has any one got some nice close up pics of these, top and bottom, gettin [siyked?]up ready, lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Bottoms up!
First run F-tip.

Send me an email if you'd like more.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Well, We can get close-ups, if you want to, now! :twisted: This is my '67 fingertip.

James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

I'll post a few "uncommon" fingertip pics. Here is how the pedals were arranged back in the day. Notice the FACTORY cutout for the C pedal, to accomodate the narrow arrangement of the three E9th pedals. Notice the old style couplers.

James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Here's some seldom seen pics of the case that was common for the fingertips. I'd hate to have to ship a guitar in that case, these days!!

John Billings

Post by John Billings »

James, I knew you'd step up!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Awe John, you know I wouldn't miss a good party!! :twisted:
Lewis John Foote

howdy, beatiful pics, lookin at the under carriage, i only have enough to make a single neck, will i have a prob making it 3-4? and gettin two pulls on 4-5,im ok at makin stuff and maybe convertin some of the cross shafts, thanks, lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,
Mike Christensen

Post by Mike Christensen »

Real beautiful guitars for sure. Was playing at an Eagles club one night and a guy said he wanted to show me his Bud. Went to his car and there was a Fingertip the same color as Johns on top of his spare tire in the trunk. Nothing covering it just laying there. Seemed to be in very nice condition. I mildly chastised him for the way he was treating his guitar but not much a guy can do. Its cool to see these old timers.
Lewis John Foote

howdy, was there a difference in the pups, did they have one disigned especialy for it, to that of the pro series, and is there a difference in changers, permanants,- fingertips, thanks, lew.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

James, the case for my 81 Franklin is nearly identical to the old Sho-Bud cases (I think the same person/company built the early Franklin cases, since Paul Franklin (Sr) worked for Sho-Bud and had the contacts for Sho-Bud suppliers).
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Lewis John Foote wrote:howdy, was there a difference in the pups, did they have one disigned especialy for it, to that of the pro series, and is there a difference in changers, permanants,- fingertips, thanks, lew.
Yes the pickups were mounted on a plate, and they had a larger dimension as compared to a regular shobud pickup. On mine, the pickups were shot, and not original, so I had Jerry Wallace build a pair, and we will mount them directly to the wood, like any regular ole shobud.

Interesting, Jack, so that case style got around a little, huh? 8)
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Mike Christensen wrote:Real beautiful guitars for sure. Was playing at an Eagles club one night and a guy said he wanted to show me his Bud. Went to his car and there was a Fingertip the same color as Johns on top of his spare tire in the trunk. Nothing covering it just laying there. Seemed to be in very nice condition. I mildly chastised him for the way he was treating his guitar but not much a guy can do. Its cool to see these old timers.
ARGUHHH!!! :eek:
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

pup

Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Two years ago I had to setup and tune a student of mine's fingertip.
It was in nowhere the nice condition this one seems to be.
Don
Lewis John Foote

howdy, are the changers the same on permanants, as they are on the fingertips,? i remember seing a pic some where of a changer that looked like it had two parts of the changer comming out and going behind the end plate,? lew.
Byron Walcher

case for fingertip

Post by Byron Walcher »

That case was most likely made by Woody Woodell of Benchcraft Electronics. He made a replacement for my Bud, and told me about the material that he used for the covering, kind of unusual. He had a good story about one that he made for Shot Jackson.
Byron
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

1959 Permanent changer

1964/5 Fingertip changer
As you can see, the only thing they have in common is the number of strings!
Lewis John Foote

howdy, it looks like i have a permanant, comming, not a fingertip, any pics of permanants, top and bottom, and or do they share the same under carriage, thanks for all responcess, really grate full for all the info, lew.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

LJF, the early Permanents had nothing in common with Fingertips. The later ones, built alongside the Fingertips had many parts in common. Do you have any pics you can post?
Lewis John Foote

howy, i made an uneducated guess, certainly a permanent cabinet, and changer, with original neck and key head, three old type pedals, cross rods , pedal bar, legs, and various rods and, ally rails for the under carriage, would be nice to some pics of one, thanks, lew
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Perhaps like this one?
http://tinyurl.com/6h5bhj
Lewis John Foote

howdy, hey john, you just won your self a goldfish, thats the baby, i hope theres a way to put lowers and extra pulls on there, thanks,, lew.
Lewis John Foote

howdy, i forgot to add, the inlay is sorta zig-zag, the body is rose wood,and birds eye, and its 1963,apparently it belonged to shot jackson, then again hundreds more would have been until he sold them, lew.
John Coop

1963 Perm

Post by John Coop »

The cabinet and keyhead