Harrison Show Pictures

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Myrick

Harrison Show Pictures

Post by Bill Myrick »

Wibur & Joe Jones have done it again ! Another fine Annual Steel Guitar Show in Harrison, Ar. is history and as usual showed great planning and participation.
Due to a church commitment it was a little after two when Miss Eva and I arrived and I know we missed some great pickers. Here are some we were fortunate enough to catch.

Jerry & Carlene Roller

Phil Coontz with Bill Jordan

Robby & Jimmie Lou Springfield

Ronny Fisk

A special thank you to Miss Jeannie Kendall for honoring the crowd with a number during Steve Melchi's set

Bob Carden with Joe Jones on vocals.

A special thanks to Michael "Arkansas Red" Breid from Eureka Springs for lending his magic fingers on lead guitar.

Thank you Joe & Wilbur and to all paticipants and those that worked for another fine show. Watch for next year's--- :D
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

It don't hurt to say it again, we had a great time. Thanks Joe, Wilbur, all the guys in the band, and the nice folks in the audience.
Jerry
Larry King

Post by Larry King »

Bill...on the third pic down with Phil on steel , the guitar man is Mike Arledge who plays a whole handful of chops. Question...was that Danny on drums ?
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

Yep, that was Danny McNeil on drums. I hadn't seen him since we worked with Jeannie Bryant at Wild Bills' in Springfield about thirty years ago. Was good to see him. He still plays great drums.
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

More and more steel players show up every year for this. I'm glad to see the locals and some from far away come to play and share their steel guitar talents. I love playing with these people. It's a real joy for me. I'm sorta learning steel and I get all kinds of info and ideas from these fine steel players. Now, just finding the time to sit down and work these things out. Thanks to Jack Kondora for supplying the PA setup, and the fine ladies who fixed all the food for sale. Proceeds went to the Senior Citizen's Center. I think that's the real reason(?) I like to play that show is the food. It is home made and it is delicious. You can take a look at the pic of me and see I "loves" to eat. Looking forward to next year's show. It should be even bigger.
Tim McCutchen

Post by Tim McCutchen »

I just would like to thank Joe for asking me to play again this year. It was a lot of fun coming back to my hometown and seeing a lot of old friends. I also made some new friends. Michael Breid, it was very nice meeting you and thank you for playing on my set.Everyone played great. I am looking forward to next year. Thanks again.
Joe Jones

Harrison,Ar Steel Show A Few Comments

Post by Joe Jones »

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE,ESPECIALLY ALL THE PEDAL STEEL GUITAR PLAYERS WHO ATTENDED THE STEEL SHOW AND PERFORMED,WITHOUT THEIR DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT TO THE STEEL GUITAR,SMALL SHOWS LIKE OURS WOULD NOT HAPPEN. WE SINCERELY THANK MR.BILL MYRICK THE PEDAL STEEL SHOWS BEST FRIEND.(PICTURES,COMMENTS,AND ATTENDANCE)FOR PROMOTING THE SHOWS.ALSO A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE SIDEMEN BEHIND THE STEEL. UNTIL NEXT YEAR. JOE JONES & WILBUR JONES
Larry King

Post by Larry King »

Hey Michael........great looking axe. I know that you meant to say O'Neil.
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

Hi Larry,
You say O'Neil and I say McNeil, and you say tomato and I say tomahto. Yep, it's Danny O'Neil. I had a great friend and folklorist named Bill McNeil at the Folklore Center in Mt. View who passed away a few years ago, and the "McNeil" sort of stuck with me. Sorry for the mixup. I find I do that a lot nowadays. Oh, well at least I know where my keys are. But are they to the house or to my car, or to my guitar case? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Guess I'll have to try them out on each device to see which one goes where. Thanks for giving me the right name.