9th Annual OSGA Convention

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

john buffington

9th Annual OSGA Convention

Post by john buffington »

The Okla. Steel Guitar Assoc. 9th annual Memorial Day Convention will be held at: The Radisson Inn at the airport, Tulsa, OK. May 23, 24, 25, 2003. Darrell McCall concert Saturday night. Invited players include Bud Isaacs, Russ Hicks, Jr. Knight, John Hughey, Mooney, Brumley, Hal Rugg, Joe Wright, Dicky Overbey, Scottie and a host of local players. Room reservations ($59. per night)are now being accepted, (the hotel was a sell out last year before convention started). For reservations call (918) 835-9911 (do not call the 800 number) and be sure to mention you are with the OSGA. Three day show ticket special price $55.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by john buffington on 06 May 2003 at 05:42 AM.]</p></FONT>
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

It's always a great show. I always look forward to going to Tulsa and seeing old friends again. The show is handled so well,all you have to worry about is getting up there and doing your thing. We love it .See you all there John !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Buck Grantham on 08 April 2003 at 06:33 AM.]</p></FONT>
john buffington

Buck and Mitzi -
We are once again looking forward to having you folks with us. And of course, no convention would be complete without "The Voice", Jody Sanders the "OFFICIAL" OSGA Steel Guitar Convention MC, being with us as well as Rob Parker doing some great vocals, in addition to Larry King and John Terry, my country singing hero's. It'll be a great show!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by john buffington on 08 April 2003 at 07:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
john buffington

^
Bobby Bowman

Post by Bobby Bowman »

John,
I too, am looking so forward to the Oklahoma show. It's "one of a kind",,,,the best! Hope we have an even larger turnout this year.
BB

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

john buffington

BB -
Son - we've already got you down for a playing slot, so come on up.
JB
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

This is always one of the highlights of my year. Kind of a homecoming.
Melanie Renfro

Post by Melanie Renfro »

I'm looking so forward to the Tulsa Convention! This will be my first time. I'll be singing with Ralph Mooney. I've been to St. Louis several times and just went to Dallas for the first time. So, I'm really excited! Look forward to seeing y'all there
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Melanie, You're singing with the right picker for sure. Ralph is one of my favorites.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Ya'll Come!!!! The Oklahoma Boys are hard to beat when it comes to having a show. Thanks John, I,ll see you there. Hi Melanie , Glad to see you will be there. Your performance in Dallas was great. Jody.
Melanie Renfro

Post by Melanie Renfro »

Hey Jody! I owe you a BIG Thank You for promoting me and my CD in Dallas!! You sure surprised me! Just when I thought you were going to ask me to sing something for you, you proceed to tell the audience about me. I really appreciate it more than you know! I'll see you in Tulsa! Melanie Renfro
john buffington

Just spoke with the folks at the Radisson and we are pleased to announce reservations are steadily coming in. Get your room(s) early - the hotel sold out last year before the convention started.
John Buffington,
VP OSGA<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by john buffington on 10 April 2003 at 07:54 AM.]</p></FONT>
john buffington

to the top!
Gary Lee

Post by Gary Lee »

I diden't see Hal Rugg name listed,is he not
going to make it this year.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

John, We are looking forward to being at Tulsa. Thanks for the invite. The Newberry's

Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Hi John,
Just returned from Chattanooga and Michigan.
Great time and great shows in both places. Plenty of ice and snow in Michigan and we're glad to be home for a few weeks. Barbara and I are looking forward, as always, to being part of the great OSGA show. See you, Don and all of our OSGA friends real soon.
...Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

john buffington

Roy and Barbara -
We're looking forward to you folks being with us and all of our picking buddies. We're going to have a great backup band this year including, John Terry (my personal fiddle/singer hero) and Larry King (my personal bass guitar/singer hero) as staff band members. I get the honor of playing with these guys on a regular basis - "enjoying a steel players dream job". You'll see why when you get to play with them.

See ya after while -
John Buffington, VP OSGA
Mullen Guitars - Webb Amps<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by john buffington on 17 April 2003 at 06:47 AM.]</p></FONT>
john buffington

To the top once more.
John Buffington
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

That's OK John... Let's keep the BACK row a secret. We might run some folks off. HA!!
Lookin' forward to the show with all my buddies.

------------------
Paul
Charles Tilley

Post by Charles Tilley »

Hang in there Paul..............
Someday someone will really believe just how good you are.

In the words of Buddy Bryant*******

YOU ARE MY FAVOTITE DRUM BEATER

------------------
Charles Tilley

Bullard, Texas

Emmons D10 LeGrande II, TubeFex,Nashville 400

john buffington

Paul - son,
You KNOW you're my (our) favorite "drummist" and THE OFFICIAL OSGA "Convention Drummist". We couldn't and won't do it with out you!!!!!!

John Buffington
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

Charles, Thanks for the kind words. Makes an old Greyhaired ex-yankee drummer feel good.

John- my dear friend. You know I'm just pullin' your chain. I love the Tulsa show and you know it.

All the steel players brag about their new steels. Well let me tell you. I'm sellin' my big Pearl kit and picked up an Ayotte kit.AWESOME. Tulsa will be their debut. "That's [day-bew] for those like me that don't spell none to good.] HA!!!!HA!!! And I won't continue on that line.
Anyway, looking forward to it. We'll see ya'll there.

john buffington

Paul -
I knew it all the time, I just had to rattle your cage first, ha! We're really excited and anxious to get to hear those new drums and we're honored they are going to be "baptized" at the OSGA.
C ya after while -
John Buffington
john buffington

As a reminder -
We are receiving many phone calls and emails about a price difference for hotel reservations during the May convention.
Do not call the toll free 800 number for reservations for the OSGA convention, the room rates will be quoted much higher. Please call 918 - 835-9911 between 8am and 5pm CST and speak directly to the hotel staff. The folks at the 800 center are clueless about the convention rates in Tulsa.
John Buffington
john buffington

^