Live Music, Anaheim

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

billr

Live Music, Anaheim

Post by billr »

Any good pedal steel/country music venues in Anaheim CA? Much obliged.

Bill R.
Jeff James

Post by Jeff James »

I would like to know as well. Gonna be out there in Nov.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

I don’t know of any country night clubs in Anaheim or Buena Park these days. Some bands are playing lodges in that area, but their budgets are almost always too low to hire a 5th piece (I honestly think they shouldn’t even be a 4-piece for the rates they’re eeking out)...that’s why I don’t get calls to play that area any more! Used to be tons of clubs. Sigh...
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

A big 10-4 on that one John, that's why I had to get the H--- outa Dodge (Orange County) and move to Va. I'm workin' 5 gigs a week here in Virginia but I'll bet if I was still in SoCal it might be that many a year or less........JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Smart move, Jerry; I'm averaging about 1 gig a month at most. But busy teaching lessons. My wife and I are researching an exit strategy.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Garry Vanderlinde

Post by Garry Vanderlinde »

Gary Brandin was listed as playing with Patty Booker down in San Juan Capistrano last month. She's there later on this month. I don't know if he's playing with her for sure. Probably as close to Anaheim as you're going to get, unless you want to drive to L.A.

Patty Booker

10-17-2008 20:30 at www.swallowsinn.com
31786 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675
Cost: 00

Swallows Inn www.swallowsinn.com 31786 Camino Capistrano San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 (949) 493-3188.

P.S. John...you're looking a little stiff these days :whoa: