"Buttermilk John" by Vince Gill - has anyone heard

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Tay Joslin

"Buttermilk John" by Vince Gill - has anyone heard

Post by Tay Joslin »

A friend of mine down here in Memphis was telling me about a song he heard by Vince Gill dedicated to John Hughey entitled "Buttermilk John". I cannot find this song anywhere! Have any of you folks heard it? Please respond!

Thanks,
Tay
Laid-back Country picker with a laid-back Country mind; don't let the suit and tie fool you.
Ellis Miller

Post by Ellis Miller »

I heard Vince Gill do the song on Crook and Chase a few weeks back. It is on a new album either recently or soon to be released. I hope this helps.
Ellis Miller
Don't believe everything you think.
http://www.ellismillermusic.com
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Tay, it was on YouTube a few months back. I love the song, and Tommy White played steel on it. His guitar was a blue Show Pro.

Brett
Tay Joslin

Post by Tay Joslin »

Thank you, gentlemen! I will look on YouTube and see if I can locate the clip. Y'all take care!

-Tay
Laid-back Country picker with a laid-back Country mind; don't let the suit and tie fool you.
Tay Joslin

Post by Tay Joslin »

NOPE! Did not find it on YouTube, Yahoo, Altavista, etc.; perhaps it will be out on an upcoming album. Thanks anyway!
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Vince played the tune at his concert Friday Nite (8/22) near Jamestown, NY. He gave a nice intro/background story about John Hughey before he sang the tune.
Beany Carter

"Buttermilk John"

Post by Beany Carter »

Try this link. Vince performed this at the Station Inn in Nashville last year.
Beany Carter

"Buttermilk John"

Post by Beany Carter »

Mack Quinney

Post by Mack Quinney »

Cant help you with finding a recorded version, but he played it with the Time Jumpers a few weeks ago. Paul Franklin on steel. Was excellent.
76 Emmons Push Pull, Williams 600, ShoBud Pro I, MSA Classic, Remington SteelMaster dbl 8, MSA Super Slide dbl 8, Gold Tone 6, And other instruments and equipment I can't afford.