Tom Bradshaw rules!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Peter Siegel

Tom Bradshaw rules!

Post by Peter Siegel »

Big thanks to Tom Bradshaw who showed once again how awesome he is and how dedicated to the steel guitar community.
He replaced the pot in my Goodrich volume pedal, labor was free, only charge was for parts and shipping.
Try and find that anywhere else!

Tom, you are the best.

Peter
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

Tom and I met back in the 60s and his love for the steel is unequalled. He's not only a fan, but a real straight shooter in business. and a real nice guy. It seems that if anybody in a business with him comes out on the short stick, he makes sure he's the one. I've never heard of any one not satisfied with his products or his honesty.
Gary Anderson

Tom

Post by Gary Anderson »

I just made a mail order purchase from Tom and I agree with the comments about him. Excellent service. If anyone is in the market for a new volume pedal contact Tom. He also has a great sense of humor. Tom, thanks again,Gary
Paul Wade

tom bradshaw

Post by Paul Wade »

tom,
has always come threw for me and go's out of his way to help. he even build a custom d-10 for me :D :)

p.w
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

Tom is the most accommodating and honest person I have ever known. A true gentleman.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Tom comes up solid every time :D
Tom Bradshaw

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

Tom? Tom is an idiot. He is 73 years old and should be kicking back on a riverbank somewhere casting a line. When home he should be relaxing, cuddling with his wife of 54 years and listening to good steel music, and he has a record collection quite adequate to do that for the next 15 years (about all the years left of his miserable life).
But no. He keeps working on guitars, building amps and answering emails from about a dozen steelers every day. He'll likely end up like Seymour (who has a couple of years on Tom) with mangled fingers. Then he too, will have people wanting to give him one...of theirs. Is this happiness or what?
Larry Petree

Post by Larry Petree »

Great post Tom. You are also the greatest in my book.
Larry Petree, Bakersfield Ca.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Tom Bradshaw wrote:Tom? Tom is an idiot. He is 73 years old and should be kicking back on a riverbank somewhere casting a line. When home he should be relaxing, cuddling with his wife of 54 years and listening to good steel music, and he has a record collection quite adequate to do that for the next 15 years (about all the years left of his miserable life).
But no. He keeps working on guitars, building amps and answering emails from about a dozen steelers every day. He'll likely end up like Seymour (who has a couple of years on Tom) with mangled fingers. Then he too, will have people wanting to give him one...of theirs. Is this happiness or what?
54 years? Wow!!

You mean you can't fit in the fishing, cuddling, listening to music, working on pedal steels, building amps and answering emails from idiots like me in each day? You are going wrong somewhere Tom. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Garry Procter

Post by Garry Procter »

Tom, sounds like you would need 36 hour days to fit in all that! More thanks to Tom from me - Assuming customs don't steal the pots I bought off you this summer I'll be trying my hand with the soldering iron when I get back to the UK tomorrow.

Congrats on the 54 years too.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Tom put out one of the best steel guitar magazines to date.
It's too bad it had such a short life.
Best to you Tom.
Don
Ray Uhl

Thanks

Post by Ray Uhl »

It's people like Scotty, Tom, Bobbe, b0b, the manufactures, etc.,etc.,and everyone else who dedicates their time and talents for the steel community. Just think, without this Forum, how uninformed we would be. Once again, a personal thanks to all of you.....oh, yeh, keep it up!! :D
Dwight Lewis

Tom

Post by Dwight Lewis »

Just installed a fretboard for my MSA s12 and I must say thanks to Tom. GOD BLESS YOU TOM.

Dwight
Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

Just had to make a post here. Back in the 70's I ordered the Emmons 4 part course and in the 80's I couldn't find one of the cassettes so I wrote Tom and asked him if I could buy a replacement to which he simply sent me a cassette at no cost. Not right but I will never forget his generosity. NEVER! Thanks Tom.(wish the Steel Guitarist had continued. still use them for reading.)

Your biggest fan,
Terry
Mike Holland

When it comes to steel guitars,

Post by Mike Holland »

Tom is The Bomb!
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Tom,
Good to see your not completely retired, I have been feeling the need to play with Matches once again..
:whoa: :eek: :roll:
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

Tom gets my vote! :)
Frank Harris

Tom Bradshaw

Post by Frank Harris »

I have done bussiness with Tom and have been completely satisfied and happy with the service and personal attention he gave me. Tom thanks for being there for all of us, you are one in a million. Frank Harris
Daniel Morris

Post by Daniel Morris »

Glad to know Tom's still kickin'! Way back in the '70s, he was trying to push the steel guitar beyond formula - still a relatively unfulfilled goal, I'd say. Yet he saw that it is an INSTRUMENT, not just a country thang, and for that and much more he deserves a big thanks from us steelers!
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Tom, I was getting really offended by the first 5 or so words of the above post until I notice it was sent by you!!!!!!!!! In a way I think you are right though. :)
Jerry
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Tom,
Sure miss the old PSG newsletters, enjoyed every one of them...still have a couple , been passing on tips, etc from the Steel Guitarist magazine.

Thanks for what you have done, and are still doing for steel guitar.

Bill
Bill Ford S12 CLR, S12 Lamar keyless, Misc amps&toys Sharp Covers
Steeling for Jesus now!!!
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

I've dealt with Tom on several occasions over the years. I bought my first tuner from Tom. I believe it was a Korg. He is a very nice person to deal with and responds quickly when you contact him by email. He is a rare find in the current business world. My hat's off to him also. We need to have more people like Tom and he is a role model some of us need to try to pattern ourselves by.
EMCI Double 10,Session 400,Webb 614E and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amp, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Seymour Duncan KTG -1, Hughes&Kettner BATT
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

I just bought one of Tom's Webb amps (which is incredible by the way).

His customer care skills are second to none. He has an excellent reputation, and one that he is proud of. He goes the extra mile to make sure that you - the customer - is 100% happy with any purchase from him.

I do wish he wouldn't worry so much though. :lol:
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Tom B is one of a kind! the best
Garry Procter

Post by Garry Procter »

I know this is a very old thread, but I just had to thank Tom Bradshaw for yet more fantastic service. I placed a small order on Wednesday evening, and told him there was no rush for it. It arrived here (Cambridge MA) in today's mail (Saturday).

So an old thread, but still the same wonderful service. Many thanks Tom!