Advance Tickets or Tickets At The Door?

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Tom Keller

Advance Tickets or Tickets At The Door?

Post by Tom Keller »

Just wondering if there is any advantage in buying tickets early versus buying them at the door? Also what time does things get underway for the Friday show? I haven't seen any kind of schedule for the show.

Thanks
Dennis Graves

Post by Dennis Graves »

Tom,

The way I understand it:

You can get a 3 day ticket for $70, if bought before Aug. 15. Otherwise, tickets are $30/day at the door.

Dennis
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I'm not sure about that, Dennis. Normally you can still by the 3-day when you arrive. In the past the 3-day savings has been about $5 if you buy in advance. I don't see a door price posted for the 3-day.

Once, my father-in-law had to cancel with about a 2-day notice. I was able to get my best friend from HS to join me instead, and he's been back every year since. I think we decided buying at the gate isn't a bad way to go if your schedule is a bit up in the air. No refunds after 8/15.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Dennis Graves wrote:Tom,

The way I understand it:

You can get a 3 day ticket for $70, if bought before Aug. 15. Otherwise, tickets are $30/day at the door.

Dennis
Tom, I think Dennis is right, but that is if you want to see the main show. There is a lot of good music in the vender rooms, such as the Derby room where i'll be most of the time. Stop by and say hi.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Just got word from Michael Scott that the 3-day is $75 at the door. So you can still save some money at the door, but you save the most buying in advance.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Colm Chomicky

Post by Colm Chomicky »

I have been buying in advance. If I recall it seems to go a little faster in the line, I think my name tag, etc. was already prepared.