Sho Bud Super Pro

Post here if you're looking for something special
Malcolm G. Belmont

Sho Bud Super Pro

Post by Malcolm G. Belmont »

I posted a desire to purchase a Super Pro.A gentelman at dardeman65@aol.com tells me he has a sho bud super pro..He sent pictures to me and the undercarage is natural wood. Well upon opening the box from UPS I looked it over.It has severalpull rods which were not atached to the bell cranks an no clips to do so.The fret board was off.There are rods that are make shift an drilled with a nailholding them to the bell crank.One spring is not attached to the changer.I had this looked at by a friend whom has 35 years expierance playing. He also owns a sho bud.He told me this AX is unplayble like it is.It needs an over haulan several parts.I contacted Robert and he said I was tring to sham him. Said he got no money ,I paid 2300 dollars to him threw Pay Pal.He told me where to go and said he wanted nothing to do with me. So beware when dealing with this fellow,do not get took as I did.His original post to me was 2100. Any one of you fellows want to buy or fix my Sho Bud for me. My wife said do not be so cheep 2300 is a good price for a nice machine. RIGHT Sorry if this is posted in wrong place.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I saw the pictures that were sent to Mac.
They were not the same as the steel that Mac says he got delivered.
He has been taken real badly in this deal by this Texan. He has called my friend a lair.
This is far from the truth.
I have never met such an honest man as Mac.
I think we both know who is the dishonest party in this deal. Please settle this as gentlemen guys.
Don
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Malcolm, I started another thread in "Pedal Steel" with a link to this thread. Hope that's okay. I think it needs to be seen.

From some recent activity on the forum from the seller in question, it is sad but not surprising this has happened to you. So sorry to see this happen to an unassuming, honest forum member. You have every right to be very angry and frustrated. Hopefully we can band together and make something happen here.

These threads should give everyone an idea of what Malcolm's dealing with:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=137690

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=137512

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=137633

You can see by the seller's posts in the last link that there's something "stuck in the changer", so to speak.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Viewing profile :: Robert Dardeman
Avatar All about Robert Dardeman

Total posts: 11
[0.00% of total / 1.57 posts per day]
Find all posts by Robert Dardeman
Interests:

Contact Robert Dardeman
E-mail address:
Private Message:
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo Messenger:
AIM Address:
ICQ Number:
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I have since this post was started had a chance to look at the steel in question.
It is just as Malcolm has described.
There is also one pull rod that has a copper wire wrapped around the end of it to hold it onto the bellcrank.
What a sad condition this guitar is in.
And it is not the same guitar as the photos he was sent to look at to make the deal.
He surely was taken in dealing with this individual.
Let's try and help my friend out in this matter.
Don
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

This persons comments degrading the entire Florida Steel Guitar Club membership, would also show the character of this guy.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

You should file a claim through Paypal, and if you used your credit card, also report this to card issuer. You can file a complaint with the US Gov Internet Fraud Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx You could contact the local police in the seller's home town, fraud is a criminal offense. I would do all of these and ask everyone you contact if they have other suggestions. It's a very sad situation, and I hope you eventually get your money back. Good luck.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Bill Moore is absolutely correct. Malcolm does have some recourse through PayPal if he can prove that the goods are not as described, and that he has had some communication with the seller to allow him to put the matter right.

A very sad story.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Danny Hullihen

Sho-Bud

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Malcolm.it is indeed a shame what happened to you on this. In any event, if you will send your guitar to me and cover the shipping costs, I will repair your guitar for you and put in back in good working order for you for free, including all parts and labor.

Hope this helps you.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Danny
Your offer to fix Malcolm's guitar
is why I like doing business with
you. You are a very generous man.
Always putting the needs of other
first.
You will be blessed.

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Danny Hullihen

Sho-Bud

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Thank you Rick. With great true friends like you, I indeed feel very blessed!
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

Danny,
This shows what a GREAT GIVING HEART you have. It also shows your true deep love for the pedal steel guitar. Its unbelievable how some people (DON'T) take care of their instruments and gear. I am sure you can bring it back to the life it deserves!
What an "unselfish" act. Your a GREAT person DAN!
Neil
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Danny, that is fabulous. What a wonderful gesture. Good always triumphs over bad on the forum.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

On eBay he uses the name..."thedart65"...as I said in earlier post on another thread I was intersted in a Nashville 400 he had for sale on eBay but his ad did not have a pic of it....I sent him an email asking why his ad showed a Renown 400 with a single 15 and a Nashville 112 but no 400.

He replied back that he didn't know what a Renown 400 was but the Nashville was in cherry condition having been well taken care since it's manufacture in "1978".....I lost interest as I've never heard of a Nash 400 from the late 70's.

The amp was bought by someone with a feedback total of 5 but then later was offered for sale again on the Austin Tx craigslist site.

Then I get an email from eBay saying thier records show I made contact with this individual and hopefully I had not provided any bank account info,personal email addresses,etc.as his response was most likely a "phishing" attempt for personal data.

So Forum members be careful who you deal with!!
James R. Cole

Post by James R. Cole »

On July 5th he had an ad on craigslist for a Peavey Studio Pro but there were no pictures or price. I emailed him for more information and he responded by saying something like, It looks like a Nashville 400 only smaller. If pictures are that important to you I'll send some. I didn't care for the attitude. There was another ad on craigslist the next day with a picture and the price but it showed the amp was in New Braunfels. One email he sent me said he was in Leon Valley. I'm sorry someone got burned by a forum member from San Antonio.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Bill M.
As of my last email with him early this morning he was prepairing to file a complaint with Paypal.
From what I saw of his condition of the pull rods etc. It needed to be completely stripped and rerodded with new parts that were missing.
Also one or both of the fretboard surfaces need to be stripped and cleaned and retaped with double sided tape.
Having worked on several ShoBuds as well as my own I see several hours or days to put this steel back into playing order.
He asked me to do it but I am not in the position anymore to tackle such a job as his needs require or do I have the parts to do so. I have all I can do now is to maintain my own Super Pro.
One of the points that ticks me off is that Mac was sent pictures of one steel and then sent another in it's place. That's fraud if I ever saw it. Bait and switch.
Don
b0b

Post by b0b »

I have disabled Robert Dardeman's Forum membership until this is resolved to Mac's satisfaction.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Malcolm G. Belmont

Super Pro

Post by Malcolm G. Belmont »

I at this time have filed a complaint with PayPal against Robert Dardeman. I have requested all of my money back before I ship the guitar back to him. I explained to him what was wrong with the guitar. The guitar was not even the same color as the pictures he sent to me. The pedal was not sent with it as described. Several pull rods were not attached to the bell cranks and there were no clips to do so. The fretboard was unglued and loose in the case not to mention being a different color than the one pictured. There were make shift rods drilled with nails holding them to the bell cranks. A spring to the changer was not attached to the bracket and was loose in the case.
If I do not get my money back I will take the gentleman up on his offer to repair the guitar. I appreciate all of your concerns. It really humbles me to have so many of you stand by me. I put this in
here to warn you so that you would not be taken as I was. I thank you guys very much from the bottom of my heart, Mac
Don Sulesky

Post added here to save others from being swindled

Post by Don Sulesky »

This post is also being placed here to save others from being swindled on his Ebay site.

Mac
Received only one set of photos which I reduced for him to see on his computer.
They were NOT photos of the steel he received.
It was a "bait and switch" deal.

The photos I see on his Ebay site now are the same photos I have and the steel that should be owned by Mac now and not up for sale on Ebay.
Also if he has been selling on Ebay for 8 months then I'm quite sure he knows how to post the right photos.
He's not as dumb as he wants us to think he is.
Don
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

This kind of thing happens all the time ....Look at the date the guy joiined the forum .....Basically he joined to scam somebody and move on......Ebay and Paypal are one of the same ....They make money from good people , and they make money from scammers .....I have already gone thru a situation trying to get money back using PayPal ....They did NOT help me in the least ....I went through the entire proceedure that they wanted me to, and got NOWHERE !!!.....Malcolm..I don't mean to rain on your parade at all ....I'm very sorry for what you are going through....You may want to let PayPal know that you will contact the Attorney Generals office in Texas ....Let your scammer know that you will be doing this also .....Government has a funny way of spending a TON of money to go after people like this ..... That was the only way I was able to get my money back ...Again, PayPal did NOTHING for me but waste my time ....You stand a MUCH better chance with your credit card company also ....JIm
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »