looking for an old friend

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ed Webster

looking for an old friend

Post by Ed Webster »

Does anyone know, or know the
whereabouts, of 2 steelers I knew from the 50's? The names are: #1- Johnny Cambra, of Oakland, CA at that time, and
> #2- Richie Dell, of Colorado, Texas, New Mexico in the 50's
>
Thank you
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Richie Dell lives on JB Thomas Lake just outside of Big Spring, Texas, plays a double neck Mullen that has to be one of the first and does that at least 2 times a week. He's had some health problems lately but he seemed to be getting much better last week. Send me your tel no via email and I'll have him get in touch with you.

phred
There are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American GI!!

Think about it!!
Ray Montee

I'd like to know who.........................

Post by Ray Montee »

Ed Webster shared an early day cassette with me, years ago of course, that had a DENVER COLORADO band from back in about the early 1950's. They were all girls and the steel player was phenominal! Really one of the best I've ever heard. The female lead singer had a BIG DEEP VOICE like she'd been smoking most of her life but what a fine group.

ANY idea who they were?
Ed Webster

Post by Ed Webster »

The Forum comes thru again. I got an address for one of my old friends and a call from the other one this morning. Thanx guys. I really appreciate your help.
ed