Always, Patsy Cline in Highlands, N.C.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tommy Dodd

Always, Patsy Cline in Highlands, N.C.

Post by Tommy Dodd »

I will be playing in Highlands, N.C. at the Highlands Playhouse starting June 17th. We will be doing the "Always, Patsy Cline" play and will do 6 shows a week through the 6th of July. The producers are bringing in Cindy Summers to do the part of Patsy. I worked this same show with her last year for 12 weeks in Atlanta and she is an excellent singer and actress. If you haven't seen this show and live in the area I encourage you to come see it. It has some great tunes in the play and is funny and historical too.
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Hi Tommy,
Say hi to Cindy for me. I worked the Patsy show with her in Denver, and she is a fine singer/actress. Sorry that I missed you at the Saluda show.
Chuck
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Might take a ride up there, Tommy. I did that show in Anderson a few years ago---in fact, one of the weekends of the show was when Walter Haynes was at Saluda! The girl who did "Patsy" was an Anderson college student, and she was so good, I wanted to drag her to Saluda, in costume, while Walter was there. Hope I get up to see you! And yes, we missed you at Saluda.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Hey Tommy........have a great time......I'll be doing this show here in LA (Reserve) in August..I've been talking to the theater's mgr. for about a month now.......rehearsals will start pretty soon. Good luck with your production......let me know how it does. HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

Tommy your right, this is a fun show! I just finished "Always...." the first of May with a local theater and it is a great production :D
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Let me tell y'all somethin', the Always, Patsy Cline show is so amazing!

Brett
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

Great show, :whoa: I saw it a couple weeks ago with my good friend Kevin M. on steel, really enjoyed it. We will be doing one called "The Tammy Wynette Story" here in Albert Lea this Oct. I'm really looking forward to it, :) these shows are alot of fun........and work!
Neil
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Just a reminder: We are opening the "Always, Patsy Cline" show here in Highlands, N.C. tonight. The show will be running for 3 weeks with performances Tues. - Sat. at 8:oopm and a Sunday matinee at 2:00. Due to prior committments, Mike Bagwell will be subbing for me on the Sunday matinees and also the July 5 Saturday evening performance. If you are anywhere close by come see this great little show. Lots of steel in this configuration because we're using a reduced size band - no guitar or fiddle. (Bet you'd never see me in a "reduced" size,huh?) Anyway, Mike or myself would love to see you if you can make it......
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Good luck with the show Tommy.......I'm looking forward to the one here in Reserve, LA in August.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Tamara James

patsy cline show places

Post by Tamara James »

I am going to try to catch the show here:
Brookville, OH Brookville Community Theatre
770 Arlington Road - 45309
Ph: 937-833-3531

11/6-9, 13-16

Look here to see when it will be near you;
http://www.alwayspatsycline.net/itinerary.htm
Wayne Franco

Hey Tommy

Post by Wayne Franco »

When is the show going to be in the Seattle Area?

Wayne Franco :?:
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Wayne,

The play is not a "traveling show" per se. It is licensed and leased out to theatrical facilities on a limited run basis. Thus far I've done the show for 5 weeks (Helen, Ga.), 12 weeks (in Atlanta) and now 3 weeks in Highlands, N.C. For it to come to Seattle some theater group or entity would have to arrange the leasing of the play and then assemble the cast from their own choices of actors and musicians. I am working the show here with Cindy Summers as Patsy and she travels around the country doing the part because she has done it for several years and is well known in the theater circuit. Also, she looks good and sings her a$$ off. (Just my opinion you understand!)
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Knock 'em dead, Tommy!
Jim Meiring

Post by Jim Meiring »

Great show Tommy. You did a great job. Jim and Christy