Has any body had a problem with NV112

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Fred Wright

Post by Fred Wright »

Ernest,
I have a NV 112 and I'm interested in your answer to Jim. It could help many of us! Fred
Dick Sexton

Settings?

Post by Dick Sexton »

I too am curious...
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I was at our FSGC jam and most players in our club use approximately the same settings for their NV112.
Pre and post settings may be different depending on how deaf the player is ( I use +4 for both at our jam) but the others are low +9, Mid -3, shift 800 and high and presence from 0 to +3 on one or both.
It really comes down to personal preference.
George Kimery

Anybody had a problem with a Nashville 112?

Post by George Kimery »

When I got mine, several years ago, it had a bad hum if you turned up the reverb past 9 O'colock. I called Mike Brown and he said they had several get out with the reverb wires hooked up backwards (hard to find good help, I guess) and told me to take it to my local Peavey dealer and have them pull the chasis and reverse the reverb wires. The dealer did it immediately while I waited and the problem was gone.
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post by Dan Beller-McKenna »

My NV112 also has a significant amount of reverb hum; any reason one shouldn't pull the chasis themself and reverse those wires at home? Doesn't sound like it should require a trip to a tech. (Then again, I tend to make a fine mess of any equipment I touch .....)
Durham, NH
dbmCk mUSIC
Norris Ashment

NV112

Post by Norris Ashment »

My NV112 just came back from Peavey. They replaced the reverb unit but still can't turn it up past
3 1/2 to 4. This was one of my complaints. Sounds like it alwas did.