DOVER,OH: Philharmonic to include steel guitar

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sherry Kauffman

DOVER,OH: Philharmonic to include steel guitar

Post by Sherry Kauffman »

DOVER, OHIO: The Tuscarawas Philharmonic will present, for the public, an evening of country music, ”Fresh Country Aires,” on May 17, 2008, 7:30, at Dover High Auditorium, located at the corner of Walnut and W. Sixth streets in Dover.

Adding the country sound of the steel guitar will be Rick Troyer of Hummingbird Music Studios, Sugarcreek, OH. The concert will feature songs written by Rick, David Wade, Reb Robinson, and Gary Jacobs. Rick Michel will be on keyboard.

The concert will showcase--direct from Nashville, TN--special guest artists singer/songwriter Sarah Wynn, a native of New Philadelphia, and champion fiddler Liz Langford, formerly of Dover,

Tickets will be available at the door at $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, and $5 for students, and at the following ticket outlet locations: Buehler Food Markets (Dover, New Philadelphia), Village Pharmacy (Sugarcreek), Buckeye Village Giant Eagle (Bolivar) and The CVB Welcome Center across from the New Philadelphia Court House.

Ticket and concert information are also available at www.tuscarawasphilharmonic.org

Sponsors: Zimmer Orthopedics Surgical Products and Barbour Publishing, Inc., with special consideration from WTUZ 99.9 FM

Thank you. :)
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

TTT

I got my ticket! :D
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Great! Would love to hear more about how this is going to happen. I presume there's an arranger scoring all the orchestra parts. My band did a few things with orchestra a few years ago and they hired an arranger to listen to our CDs and just score big horn part arrangements around what we play. All we had to do was to show up and play it pretty much like we did on the record and, voila!, instant orchestra/big band showed up right on cue. It was a really fun experience. How is yours going to work?

Good luck with it and enjoy. Wish I could be there.
Jimbeaux
Tamara James

Tuscarawas Philharmonic

Post by Tamara James »

TTT

:D
Tamara James

Philharmonic

Post by Tamara James »

*bump*

May's Concert

May 17, 2008
Saturday, 7:30

"...country roads bring them home as, direct from Nashville, TN, singer/songwriter Sarah Wynn and champion fiddler Liz Langford, both former area residents, collaborate with Eric Benjamin and the Philharmonic for classic country." -direct from the website.

Steel guitar at the Philharmonic? I have to hear that! How many times will there be an opportunity for that? Not many, I guess. I sure don't want to miss this one. :D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Rick will make them sound great !
pdl20

Post by pdl20 »

See, I told ya Rick was a class act. :D
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

Bump-ers

Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

bump again
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

bump
Tamara James

Philharmonic

Post by Tamara James »

TTT
Marty Kerluk

Post by Marty Kerluk »

I'll bump this simply because one of the sponsors (Zimmer Orthopedics) is a customer of mine. I'll have to plan a trip to Dover to 'check on things' during this concert date.
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

Nice poster...

Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

TTT
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

ttt
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

again