Slyde-Car/ VP mount units, etc - (updated 7/15 )

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
James Sission

Post by James Sission »

It fits my D-10 Mullen just fine...Its just that my bar is to big, and yes, its very difficult not to turn that into something naughty...HA HA HA....Its on the way in the morning Dale...Just fire off the new when you get it done....James
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

James,

I'm pleased to report that your new "magnum" is finished, and ready to ship, first thing in the morning.

I am a little bothered though, that you seem to take a great deal of pride in having a bar slightly larger than some of us "average", standard bar users.

We're not intimidated. We standard bar players know that it isn't the size of your bar that matters, it's all in how you use it.

Just "pokin" a little fun.

Your pal, Dale
James Sission

Post by James Sission »

Thats awsome Dale.I look forward to getting ot..Please, dont talk about your bar and us the word "poking" in the same post :lol: ..Thanks....James
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Just a quick update here, to forward the info from the first page.

I once again have a Slyde-car demo unit available at a discount.
It's a for standard 7/8ths bar size, fits a D-10, (or SD-10) frame, that measures at, or under 10.75 inches from the outside to outside of the front and rear legs.
Picture file(measure guide)

I also have a set of powder coated VP mounts for a GFI guitar.
This mounting system works with either a Goodrich, or a Hilton pedal.
Picture file(Goodrich L-120 on a GFI)

Thanks,
Your pal, Dale
Dennis Wireman

Dale

Post by Dennis Wireman »

Got tray nice quality made unit. If any one needs something for there bar and pics I would suggest getting this great item. Dale is a great person to deal with Thanks Dennis
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

I have another finish option for the Slyde-Cars, and VP mounts.

Polished face, on the SC.
Polished face, and top of the VP mounts.

Silver vein powdercoat(L) Polished(R)

The Pak-Raks will remain a brushed, matte finish.

Also, about the two tray sizes.
The 1 1/4" "standard" tray will hold up to a 15/16ths diameter bar. (after padding, of course)
The "large" tray is 1 1/2", which nets 1 1/4" on the inside, for a bar 1" inch, or larger.

(Raw trays, without padded lining)

BTW
(I'm real glad to hear that you like it, Dennis. Thanks)

4:36 pm 5/13/08

I just today, had an email asking about how the mounts attach.
They attach with the existing screws, and rubber feet on your VP. (Hilton, or Goodrich) (Possibly others)

I did put a set on a Sho-Bud pedal for Mike Douchette.

Jim Taylor

Post by Jim Taylor »

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I will have the first polished Slyde Car.
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Yes Jim,
You will indeed. The very first.
It's on the way, and I hope you like it.

Also, I've had a couple of questions lately about the Pak-Rak. The primary question is: Will it scratch the finish on my guitar?
Answer: No, its got a padded buffer between all contact points, where it clips to the guitar; it's the same buffer padding as the VP mounts have.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I've been using a Pak-Rak for a few months and it there are no marks on my Derby from it.
You just slide it on and off the front apron.
Jim Taylor

Post by Jim Taylor »

I received my parts from Dale Friday, and I am very pleased. The Slyde-Car looks a lot nicer than it does in the pictures. My PSG is in a tight place and I didn't have much flexibility (either choices or my body) on how to take them.

Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Sorry Jim,

I never did get around to getting back in to say "thanks".
I hope you get a lot of good use from it.

The pic's in this thread are gone forever, but
You can still see em' here.
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... %20Gizmos/
Click on "view all", and pick out what you'd like to see.

Thanks,

Your pal, Dale
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Just a quick note.

I'll be out of town for a few days. I'll be back on the 10th. I'll surely answer any emails when I get back, but I will have the phone with me. It's fine if you'd like to call, I'll be freed up most of the time while I'm up there anyway.
(615) 618 0776

Dale
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Dale,

I'm gonna need another Wide Bar Slyde-Car for my Emmons in that pretty glossy finish. I realize you're just returning from vacation so take your time. Hope you had a good time. Now back to the grindstone! Just kiddin' :) (about the grindstone part!)
Your Bud,
Danny
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Danny,

Always good to hear from you. Where do you find all of those creepy lookin' "av's" though? If everyone in here knew you like I do, they'd all know that you're a top shelf fella, and wouldn't get spooked off by em'. But, I kinda wish you'd go back to your other photo. (You know, the one with Bob Weir.) That's how I picture you anyway.

Just gimme the measure at the legs, furthest points right under the endplate, and I'll get one right off to you. You'd like the wide tray unit, in the polished finish right?
I'm officially back at the grindstone. I've kinda weaned myself off of the Forum this past week, and have pretty much reverted back to my former (nonexistent) status here. I won't be posting much anymore, unless theres a real call for it.
Congrats on your new Emmons by the way.

Your pal, Dale
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Just want to let everyone know that Dales product is very good.....got one of them.....it's good looking, and very functional.......you guys (and gals) need to support this project by ordering your SLYDE-CAR bar and pick, and rod tuner holder. I highly reccommend it. HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Hal,
Thanks for the kind remarks, I can really use the orders nowadays.
I'm in some serious dutch with my wife, because I had to buy a new powder coat gun..($$$)

After 23 years, I've learned at least one thing.
It's always easier to obtain forgiveness, than permission.

By the way, I'm also getting a new reflective chrome powder to try out this week.
If it looks good enough, I'll be offering it as another finishing option, as an alternative to the un-coated mirror polished units.
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Dale, I'm getting my guitar on Monday. I will get the measurements to you soon after that.
Thank You My Friend, Danny
Dale Hansen

New offer

Post by Dale Hansen »

A couple of days ago, someone was looking for a clip on music stand.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
I have had the Pak-Rak available for awhile now, but it's primarily designed to be a handy, easy to carry holder for studio work, or an inconspicuous way to hold charts for live shows.
As of today, there is another option available for the guys that prefer a more substantial rack for tab books.

The Twin-Pak.
It's simply two Pak-Rak units joined at the fold out arms. And, if you ever decide to use just one (as a single Pak-Rak unit), just unscrew the union, and you'll have two complete separate units.

This Nashville white pages is 1-1/2" thick , and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs.

You can still fold it up for storage. It compacts to about 3-1/2" at the widest point.

Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

I might owe an apologogy to any of you who may have tried to email me between 6/23, and 6/27.
My computer has been down, and in the shop for repairs most of the week.
Part of the price for my own ignorance was the loss of all my "Gizmo" email, from day one, (about a year ago) until yesterday, 6/27.

The email account is back up, and running again.
Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm normally pretty prompt with a reply.

For the benefit of those who aren't registered Forum users, my Gizmo email is: dale@bessdang.com
Dale Hansen

A funny thing happened on the way to the....

Post by Dale Hansen »

I gotta tell this one.
Before I begin,... this fella and I had a good laugh about it over the phone, and I got his blessings in advance to tell the tale, and razz on him....excluding his name, of course.

About 6 weeks ago, I sent a Pak-Rak to a player out in California. He dropped me a line a couple of days ago, expressing an interest in getting second Pak-Rak, with the crossbars to try and create the double version shown above.
Today, when I spoke to him on the phone, he mentioned a problem with keeping tab papers on it, and that the ends of the paper flopped over, making them hard to read. He thought that the "Siamese version", with the crossbars might do a better job for him. I told him that it was no problem, and asked him to measure the "swing arm", and center rivet on his existing unit to better match the new one up to it. When he understood my request, there was a pregnant pause on the other end of the line.....
(Long story short)
He hadn't actually seen a picture of it, (the Forum photos were disabled at the time) and didn't realize that the thing even had a swing out arm. He thought that the extra piece was just extra support for the upright.

He'd been using it like this since he got it:

Instead of like this:
( with anti-"flop" device engaged)

He had a good laugh at himself today too, and said; "Ya wanna know what's really bad about it"?...."You don't know what I do for a living.".."I'm an engineer"!!
(He didn't tell me which railroad)

The dirty little secret is that you don't really need to have the twin version, or have them connected at all. Two of these units will work fine placed side by side, for a tab book. If you'd prefer them connected, I can connect them securely, as shown in the previous post above, (Twin-Pak) or you can just simply pin the arms together yourself, with a cotter key.

Paul Brainard

Slyde car

Post by Paul Brainard »

Just got mine, great design & nicely put together. Dale even sent it to me before he got my check, thanks for that! It also comes with an elastic band that goes around it so you can leave all your picks & bar in it, just put it in your seat like that - nice idea!
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Dale,
I need a Slyde-Car for my push-pull. The one you made me for my Carter works fine. It looks like the dimensions are 11 1/4" on the top of the bracket and 11 5/8" at the bottom. The polished will be fine. Your buddy,
Danny
Dale Hansen

Post by Dale Hansen »

Thanks Paul, and Danny.

Your new unit was sent on 7/7 Danny.
(Of course, you knew that.)

Sometimes I probably put off my posting of a reply a little too long.
On one hand, I hate to appear being pushy, and self promoting with this stuff. On the other hand, it bugs me a little that it might appear that I don't care about what others post here. That ain't so, I check in often, read em' all, and really do enjoy seeing them all.

Thanks for everything so far guys.
I enjoy building this stuff, and its been great fun getting familiar with all of you.

DH
Dale Hansen

More stuff from Gizmoland.

Post by Dale Hansen »

My website still isn't up and running yet.
I told my web guy to take his time.
He is.

I'm the type that has to keep busy at all times, or I find myself getting into mischief, like composing rude commentary about current oil prices to scribble on gas pumps with a sharpie.

Somehow, I managed to redirect my attention towards more productive things this week, so I'm gratified to be able to report in again with some new developments, and a couple of new items to introduce here today.

For the economy minded, there is now an "Econo" version of the Slyde-car. It's really pretty good looking, with a brushed, or jeweled type finish, instead of the usual powder coating. These are priced at $30 for the standard tray, and $35 for the Larger 1- 1/4 tray.
(These, like the others, are custom fitted to your guitar)

I'm also offering the custom fitted volume pedal mount system in the same *uncoated "brushed" finish as well for $18 per set. (These work well with either the Goodrich, or Hilton VP)
(*I do coat the brushed versions of these things with a clear enamel.)

For the guys that already have a Slyde-car, and need a little extra space for another bar, (or whatever) There's a (4") clip on "pup" add on (Slyde-kick) available now.
There aren't any dividers of course, but I do build up both ends slightly on the inside, to cradle the bar somewhat. There is also an elastic wrap for it, to contain a bar for hauling, like the fullsize versions have.

Also, if you need em', I can fabricate additional "hook-on" attachments to work in tandem with the Slyde-cars.

Some of you have expressed an interest in mounting a "Black Box". In the photo below, I've mounted a TC Nova reverb for illustration.

To mount it, I used the contraption shown below, with a 4" strip of Velcro (hook) on the backside of the unit. It just hooks right ono the lip of the Slyde-car.

The Korg CA-20 (tuner) is mounted likewise, with a small hook, and strip of Velcro (hook) on the back of the tuner.

I'll get some better pic's of this stuff this week, outside, in the daylight.

This "demo" set (below) is available as a package deal. The VP mounts, and Slyde-car are fitted for a GFI guitar.
("Econo" VP mounts, Slyde-car, and "pup" car, $60 )