Johnnie Cox with Connie Smith

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Simmons

Johnnie Cox with Connie Smith

Post by Bill Simmons »

Johnnie Cox will be playing steel with Connie Smith this Saturday, September 21 in Weatherford, TX (just west of Ft Worth a few miles). It will be at the Texas Opry Theatre in Weatherford with 2 shows -- 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. This is a 'steel players' dream as Connie Smith really appreciates the steel guitar...especially when the steel player is Johnnie Cox!!
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

Bill, that's a gig I would love to see, my favorite female singer and one of my steel heros.
Andy Greatrix

Post by Andy Greatrix »

I am envious of anyone who gets to hear them. Also, I would love to hear a duet between Connie Smith and George Jones.
Actually I would love to hear Connie Smith on a duet with anyone or alone. She is my alltime favourite female singer.
Jack Shults

Post by Jack Shults »

I'll be there for the evening concert. Image Image

------------------
Jack Shults
MSA U-12
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

I gonna be there.....in fact "I'll come runnin"

------------------
"basso profundo"
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

I think Connie Smith is one of the all time great pure country female singers. Her incredible country voice and Johnnie Cox's aggressive steel playing is going to make a super event of pure country music with lots of hot steel guitar.
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

We would truly love to see that show too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnny is doing a great job with Connie, And we love her singing.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Ya'll come on out. We are sure to do something somebody likes.

Johnny ( with a Y ) Cox
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Johnny my friend...I apologize for always spelling your name wrong!! Dolly(ie) told me to spell it this way! Pat Coyne is here and we're waiting for a fun weekend. The fridge is loaded with icecream. See you tomorrow.
Joan Cox

Post by Joan Cox »

Bill,no fair..that's all I can say..No fair at all..I asked Johnny if you guys could maybe take a picture and email it to me .Every one of you guys will be buying me ice cream in Dallas..you all owe me, so just bring extra money..I hope you all have a great time..Take care of my guy for me.
Joan
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Hey Joan...I'm trusting a lot of steelplayers will come out to hear Johnny with Connie Smith in Weatherford, TX. Yes, we wish you were able to come and have a great time of music, fun and relaxation. We'll miss you but we'll take care of Johnny and leave some 'icecream' for your visit! The Simmons tribe and Pat Coyne.
Joan Cox

Post by Joan Cox »

Johnny's been needing a "break" for a long time, so this trip will be good for him. Next time, I think I'll stow away on the bus somewhere..should be lots of places to hide on those things. Maybe down there with the guitars and amps Image Tell "big brother" Pat I said "hey"..Have a great time..
Joan
Jack Shults

Post by Jack Shults »

It WAS a GREAT concert. Connie was in good form, as usual and what can you say? Johnny was as good as he always is. It was a pleasurable evening. Image

------------------
Jack Shults
MSA U-12
jackie l harmon

Post by jackie l harmon »

I went to the concert it was great.One of the best four piece band I have ever heard.
If Connie Smith is ever in your city you really need to go to the show.