Gospel Steel Show May 2nd and 3rd in Nashville

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Wow Doug, I hope you let me know what the "something special" is before the show so I can be ready in the sound booth. hehe

Bump to the top. Only 2 weeks away.

Bill
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

I am saddened to have to cancel my date at this show.
This is one of my favorite shows and I love to play my praises to the Lord with my rendition of his wonderful music, it means a lot to me.
besides my doctor advising against the trip, I feel I have a little more recuperating to do and I'm just not there yet.
I did want so much to be there this year to kick off the new venue for the show at the E.T.Theater but I better listen to my heart.
God bless this show and all of you that come. keep me and my family in your prayers.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

I noticed you have Jack Heern on Sat. just ahead of some pretty hot players. Is it in order give them something to strive for, sort of like a benchmark? I've always appreciated Jack's work and what he attempts to do on the steel guitar. He is a great guy, and a hard act to follow. With sincere admiration, Lonnie P.
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Fred, We will sure miss you at Nashville, but I think you are making the right decision on staying home and taking care of your health. The shows will be there later and we want YOU to be there too. Take care of yourself and we will see you in a few months.

Donna
Bill Simmons

What a Great Line Up of Players!!!

Post by Bill Simmons »

I just reviewed the player's list and it is incredible! I'm going to do my best to drive up for this one...blessings to you Doug for doing these gospel shows.
JACK HEERN

Post by JACK HEERN »

Lonnie,
Come on up and bring your gitter. I will let you atempt to play 3 or 4 bars on something I am trying to do!... Good to hear from you my friend!
Jack
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We're getting close now as it is only one week away for our first show in Nashville after doing it for 15 years in INDY. We've had a couple of cancelations due to health issues. Fred Justice will not be with us due to him having two stents "installed" in his ticker. He told me it was to have new plugs and points put in to make him run better. We will miss Fred greatly as he is always an asset to the show. The good news is that Robbie Turner will be added to the schedule in Fred's slot on Friday night. Also Brother Wayne Smith will not be playing this year due some health issues and we're very dissappointed in that, as Wayne has been an avid supporter of the show for many years. He has always been a real blessing and we hope that he gets better quickly.
Gary Moore

great show

Post by Gary Moore »

TTT FOR A GREAT SHOW.
Paul Burton

Gospel Steel Show

Post by Paul Burton »

Looking forward to a great time at the Gospel Steel Guitar Show in Nashville and picking with my friend Albert Svenddal. Paul Burton in Missouri
1975 Emmons SD-10 push pull, Telecaster Peavey and fender amps
Jimmy Duvall

Post by Jimmy Duvall »

Nashville or Bust !
I'm ready to head south,The weatherman is calling for wet snow . Stop and say Hi (*I'll be wearing headphones and won't hear you anyway).
Jimmy
www.facebook.com/jimmysteelduvall
www.TheGhostRiders.com
Sho - Bud Pro ll D10, EMCI D10, SGI D10, Now playing the Sierra S -12 Blue Dumplin' ! Harmony lap steel w/wireless - to get off stage and still mess with the band .
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Doug we wish you all the best for a great show . Folks please come out and support this show ,Doug would appreciate it so much . Gary . ( O.S.G.A. Ohio ).
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Thanks Gary. It would be great to see you and a lot of Ohio steel club members at the GSGA show in Nashville. It's coming together really well. We are blessed to have a bunch of dedicated people to help work on the show. We are believing we will have a great turn out. Please come and help us celebrate this show and gospel music.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

3 days and counting.

Come on down to Nashville

Bill
Bob Strum

Post by Bob Strum »

This is a show that really makes my day better. The nicest people and greatest music and now "centerly located" Thanks Doug
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

I'm getting excited about this show as i love gospel music on our great instrument, Hope to meet all you gospel pickers and please stop by my booth and play one of the guitars that i have modded, you will be amazed for sure

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
WHEN YOUR GUITARS TONE HAS TO BE ITS VERY BEST
662-328-5742 tyoung52@wildblue.net
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Looking forward to playing on Friday night. I will have some awesome musicians with me. It sure will be fun palying for Jesus. Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Well it's Thursday morning and the vehicle is loaded full of equipment and others things(coffee, food, etc) for the show. We will be heading out in about an hour for Nashville and will be praying for a safe trip and plan to arrive there this afternoon. We are looking forward with great anticipation to our first time in Nashville. Please come and be with us. You will be blessed by the spirit and music, we promise. See you there.
Wayne Smith

Post by Wayne Smith »

Doug,
Thank you for the kind words. I have really enjoyed the Gospel show over the years. It has always been the highlight of the year. I am doing much better now. Found out that I had "Low Blood Pressure" and am still doing a little tweeking with the medicine.
However, I am very thankful to all who have called or sent me a note. God has been very gracious to us.
I will be with you in Spirit and be assured if Robbie Turner is filling the spot, you will be delighted. Thanks again and God Bless.
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

Doug, All the best to you and the gang. We will miss not being there to visit with you and all our friends and hearing some of the best music while we are still above ground. Keep an eye on my buddy Svenddal he can get you in as much trouble as Erv. :lol:
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

GET-UR-DONE GUYS HOPE THIS IS THE BEST ONE YOU EVER HAD AND IN MUSIC CITY

TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Gary Moore

gospel show

Post by Gary Moore »

headed to music city nashville yall come bye.
Bill Stroud

Gonna Miss it

Post by Bill Stroud »

I really wanted to be there this year, but it didn't work out, maybe next year.
Your Bar Man,
BJS

Hope everyone have a great time and be safe..
God Bless you'all

There will be some of the best picking going there for sure..
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Thanks so much to Doug and all the staff for having us with them tonight. We really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Those of you who were unable to attend miss a great show. We look forward to being with you again.

God Bless,

Mike & Teresa
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

WOW. What a great show last night. Robby Turner was awesome. For those in the Nashville area, you still have a whole day today of some good Gospel Steel Guitar which will close tonight with my good friend and great picker, David Spires. Plan to some. You won't want to miss it. Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Albert, you were playing wonderfully yourself! I was very happy to see how your talent has blossomed.
So glad to hear you, I've known you a long time but had never heard you. It was great Albert!

Bobbe