David Hartley.....YouTube....Thinking About Things ?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Hartley

David Hartley.....YouTube....Thinking About Things ?

Post by David Hartley »

Hmmmmm? Thinking about Texas really....!

Why wasn't I born there?

Anyway,

Here's "Things"

David Hartley

Only 11 months before I see you all again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTuil5Xd3YA

;-) :lol: :? :eek: 8) :P :evil: :roll: :idea: :?: :!: :arrow: :| :? 8) :oops: :o :( :) :) :D :eek: 8) :? :(
Harry Dietrich

Post by Harry Dietrich »

Great as usual David.

I was wondering...where do you get your backing tracks? Or do you make your own?

Keep em coming.

Harry :D
Darryl Waltisperger
Location: Schertz, Texas (a two-step from San Antone, slightly further if you're waltzing)

Post by Darryl Waltisperger »

:) It's always a pleasure to watch your "You Tube" videos. Thanks for putting them up for the world to see.
Last edited by Darryl Waltisperger on 1 Oct 2009 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

Enjoyed it David...thanks so much for the great pickin'! Hang in there...maybe the Texas gang will make you an Honorary member of the Lone Star State next year! ;-) Are you really sure you weren't?? :lol:
P.S. Please send me your address by PM...I want to send you something...thanks, Carl
Bernie Gonyea

Things By Dave Hartley

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:D :whoa: 8)
Dave; Another grand job on your RAINS Guitar; beautifully done, as usual. Do you mind telling us what tunes did you perform for your audience in Dallas? Were you surprised to learn you were going to fill in for The Big " E ". How many Rains steels did you get orders for? Keep the good U tube Videos coming..thanks..Bernie :lol: :P :roll:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

David, I believe you could do "Pop Goes the Weasel" in your own fashion and turn every head in the house. I'm just surprised I never heard of you until last year. I think you are one of the tastiest pickers ever. I hope you get as much joy out of picking these songs as I am sure a lot of us do just listening. Don't Stop... :D

p.s. I would love to hear what you would come up with on the C6th neck. I am sure it would be just as refreshing.
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

As usual... superb!
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Once again, very nice! Excellent job, so clean and well executed. You make it look easy... Keep them coming. Larry J.
Brian Folks

Post by Brian Folks »

Hi David...You did a wonderful and awesome job on that song...maybe someday you could make the hop across the Big Pond and reside in the Big "Lone Star State" of Texas who knows...Take care and "Keep on Pickin"...Your South Texas Friend...Brian 8) 8) 8)
Abel Khineche

Post by Abel Khineche »

Very well played David.

I am learning about all these tunes. They must be steel classics.
You do this for living I take it (I must be the only amateur around).
Well done.

Regards,
Abel
David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

6.00am here,

HARRY
They are my own tracks....

CARL
I will send you an email in a minute...

BERNIE
Great to hear from you and thanks for your youtube comments too.. It was a complete surprise, I wasn't prepared. I remember starting with the Grand Tour and ending with Orange Blossom Special and was requested to play Pick Me Up On Your Way Down too, which I picked at ( it must have been a request by Ken Byng ) ! Rains orders? Gary Carpenter is the man to ask..Regards Bernie..

RICK
Pop goes the Weasel next then...I haven't got C6th as you know... I'll have a sit on Keiths Fessenden and see what I can do..

BRIAN
I may just do that, I am getting a bit fed up of fixing machines here, and the weather.. Bet its always hot in South Texas?

ABEL
I dont know if its been done before, This is what me and Fran sing in our 3rd set.. Thought I'ld have a pick at it tonight..I fix drinks machines, but it would be nice doing it for a living, at least I would get time to learn some licks..

Health and Safety training and a team meeting today!!
Going to get ready..BYE
Bill Stroud

Great Job

Post by Bill Stroud »

Like always professionally done, that was great David, keep them coming, the Rains sounds great. You make that Bar sparkle more than one way..ha ha
Your friend,
Bill
My wife says hello
Mike Archer

great!!!

Post by Mike Archer »

all I can say is way cool David!!

thanks for sharing your tricks

and your wonderfull talents!!

you are a monster player!!

mike ;-) ;-) ;-) :D :D
Jory Simmons

Post by Jory Simmons »

David.....you are an awesome player...you know you could always move to texas( or Wisconsin, for that matter!). Jory
Jory Simmons
David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

Jory Simmons wrote:you know you could always move to texas
It wouldn't take a lot for me to do that just lately, all I need is a job, and a house to rent I suppose

DH
Billy Carr
Restricted

pickin' good stuff

Post by Billy Carr »

Great playing with shades of GREEN, by this, I mean lloyd Green. Maybe it's me but I believe the black Rains sounds a little better than the other one on the earlier videoes. Of course, everything you've played and discussed has been excellent. Very refreshing. Rains is one the best guitars on the market built by a great player. Keep up the good pickin'!
Rex Thomas

Enjoyable as all get out.

Post by Rex Thomas »

As G'pa Jones used to say, "THAT'S FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE MEWSIK!!!"
Brian Folks

Hey David...

Post by Brian Folks »

David...Carol and I just might be renting out our house we live in here on the Island in the near future as we are looking to build another Bigger House here on the Island...It sure is a lot warmer and sunny---er down here...Take Care and Congrats on reaching that 1/4 millon hits on You-tube, you definately deserve them all...Your South Texas Friends...Brian and Carolyn 8) 8) 8)
Victor Eaton

moving

Post by Victor Eaton »

HEY DAVID
YOU AINT GOING NOWHERE KEITH AND MYSELF WILL BUILD A WALL AROUND YOUR HOUSE FIRST WHERE WOULD WE FIND ANOTHER STEEL PLAYER LIKE YOU HERE.ALSO YOU STILL HAVE MY RAINS. REGARDS VIC .
David Hartley

Hi Vic

Post by David Hartley »

No, I Sold It Vic..! It was in my way and I needed the flight money to Dallas! :lol: Never mind, Keiths Rains will be here next week..Its on its way right now.. I will send you one over next year!

David
Victor Eaton

no move

Post by Victor Eaton »

OK DAVID
I think TEXAS is a hot dusty place with no trees you would get sunburnt and your skin would dry up and crack . regards vic .
Danny Gentry

Post by Danny Gentry »

I really enjoy your playing,.. would you reveal your co-pedant and the function of your 4th pedal,.. I have the Jimmy Day setup...so the 4th pedal would be next to my A pedal ... thank you ... I really enjoy your you tube playing... Do you use a Session 500 ... I have one have used it for 25 years... but it got so heavy ,.. now I use a Peavey Nashville 112...with a Peavey Add Verb.. ..Danny gentry
Danny Gentry

Post by Danny Gentry »

I forgot to mention,.. I play and old black push pull D 10 ,. 1966 model Emmons ,.. still works good I have been told that is worth more than it cost new..
Glen Derksen

Post by Glen Derksen »

Superb playing, David, and I like your tone. I really enjoy all the music you put on Youtube. Thanks for sharing it. :D