YouTube Video's

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Ferguson

YouTube Video's

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I'm just curious about something.

I have been posting video's for about a year and a half now.

I am still getting a large amount of hits on YouTube and on my forum posts about the video's, BUT, I am not getting many responses on the forum or YouTube.

Am I posting too many video's?

I would really like your input.

Thanks
Bill Ferguson
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

BILL I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE BUT I ENJOY THE VIDEO POST. I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO A NEW ONE PUT OUT THERE. I ESPECIALLY ENJOY THE VIDEOS OF THE GUYS THAT HAVE PASSED AWAY. ALOT OF THEM I HAVE TAPE RECORDED BUT NO VIDEOS. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Hey Bill, I've enjoyed every one of your videos and all the other pickers videos too. I've even stolen some of your licks. Don't stop now.---Henry
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Bill, I have certainly enjoyed the videos you have posted, the one of your own performances, and the great videos from Scotty's St. Louis steel shows.

I am sure there are many Forum members like myself who have never been to St. Louis. I sure appreciate seeing some of the great players, especially those who are no longer with us.

Keep posting, and I'll keep watching! Thanks for your efforts.

Larry J.
Walton, NY
Stan Paxton
Location: 1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)

Post by Stan Paxton »

Bill, I always look for your posts; especially think you are pretty cool yourself, watching you when playing with the late great John Hughey. Many of us just take advantage of what you are doing and sittin' back & not saying anything.... 8)
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Franklin Jones

Steel Guitar Video's

Post by Franklin Jones »

Bill,I check every day for the video's that you have put on U-tube. I have really enjoyed every one them. I hope you continue . Franklin Jones,Richmond,Va.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Double post
Last edited by Bent Romnes on 1 Apr 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Bill, I have every one of your videos, as I have "subscribed" to you on YouTube. Every time you post a new one I make sure to play it at least once. Some of them get played over and over again.

Likewise, I have subscribed to dozens of other steel players, and to leave a comment to each one would just be time-prohibitive. Please excuse me if I don't comment often enough. And please don't take it as a lack of interest. There has been quite a lot of comments to your videos here on the SGF.

To repeat: I am thankful to you for your great contribution, as well as the actual performer's permission for you to post their playing.
Best regards,
Bent
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I can assure you, I am not about to stop. I guess I was just looking to be sure that I am not over doing it.

Thanks
Bill
Dan Hatfield

Post by Dan Hatfield »

Bill, here is my take on this, FWIW. I would bet that almost every person who reads this forum takes a listen to those sites you post on a daily basis; I know I do and I totally appreciate all you have done and continue to do. It's just that you have been doing it so long that we have begun to take you for granted, so to speak. It's a bit like not appreciating the utility company until our power goes off, then we realize how important the company is!! Probably not a good analogy, but just wanted to let you know that you are doing all of us a GREAT service, and I know that most of us are very, very appreciative.
All the best, Dan
James Cann

Post by James Cann »

I, too, send every good wish here. You've provided a great library of stuff essentially unavailable anywhere else, as is so much other material on so many topics.

I am curious about one thing, though. It seems so much of the steel-at-ISGC performances are of several years ago, in the 90s. These aren't stale, by any means, but since the convention continues and seems in such good health, it would seem more would be available.

This is not to say you or anyone else is less active in taping these performances (and if you are, there's certainly no blame here--you've done more than enough already), but let's say, are there really that few performances of the 2000s at, so far, seven conventions (and that's just in St. Louis!)?

I hope I haven't missed something very basic here, but if so, I'll take the heat.
Bob Schorell

Post by Bob Schorell »

Hi Bill, I would also like to commend you on a fabulous job that you are doing on YouTube. I check it every day to see what else has been posted. Keep up the good work. :D :D :D
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Bill,

Keep em coming. Yours are among the best that are on here. I especially like the ones with the bands and vocals.
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Count me in as one that looks very much forward to your videos. Thanks for all your hard work.

rc
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Bill,
Keep on doing it.
I, for one cannot get enough of Your quality posts.

Thanks.
Billy
Ken Byng

Re: YouTube Video's

Post by Ken Byng »

Bill Ferguson wrote: Am I posting too many video's?
Bill
Some most certainly are. You are not one of them. Keep them coming. :D
Bosse Engzell

Post by Bosse Engzell »

You make the world smaller, just a few click, and the stars on Pedal Steel Guitar is up on the monitor screen. MORE PLEASE, thinking of us over here in Europe.
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Yes, what Bosse said!Thank you Bill,I love them ALL !!! :D :D :D
Larry Hutchison

Post by Larry Hutchison »

Hey Bill, I look for your video's every day when I sign on to the forum. Please Keep them coming

Warm Regards
Larry Hutchison
Larry Hutchison, Marlen D-10 8 x 7, Peavey Sessions 500(2) and Peavey Nashville 400
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

James,
The reason the video's are from the 90's is this:
The Smoky Mountain Steel Guitar Jamboree closed up shop in 2000.

The ISGC stopped video taping the shows in the late 90's.

I am still responsible for the sound booth in St Louis, but no more video tape.

I know some of the other shows video tape to sell (to help cover expenses of the show) PLUS many of the other video's you are seeing are done with a digital hand held camera by individuals that are not on the staff of these shows.

Whatever video we get put out there is always better than nothing.

I have not even scratched the surface of video that I have. I just hope I live long enough to get a LOT more posted.

Thanks for the responses,
Bill
Alan Miller

Post by Alan Miller »

The first thing I do when I log onto the forum is go straight to the "Steel on the web" section looking for new videos from Bill , then any other steel guitar videos .
Life would not be as enjoyable without them, part of my daily timetable.
May I ditto what every one has said previously but again add one more thank you to Bill for taking time to digitize all these great videos .
Leon Campbell

Post by Leon Campbell »

Bill, I love your posts, please keep them coming and thank you so very much. Its great, Leon
Bryant Aycock

Post by Bryant Aycock »

Bill,
More Laney, more Laney, more Laney.
Thanks,
Bryant
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Bryant,
I wish I had more of Laney, but what I have posted was all the video that was taken at the Virginia show.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
George Brown

Post by George Brown »

Bill, Please keep em coming. I always look for them whenever I get on the Forum. Always great songs, and great picking. Thanks much for your great effort in providing them.
George...