Introduction of a new member

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frankie Winberry

Introduction of a new member

Post by Frankie Winberry »

Hi everyone. I have finally joined the forum. My name is Frankie Winberry and I have lived on the coast of North Carolina for all 31 years of my life. My family are farmers and are famous for the Bouge Sound watermelons I am long time reader here and guitar player. I have always been interested in the steel guitar due to my love of classic country and I finally purchased one from Mr. Danny at Cajun Steel Guitar in Lousianna. It is a S-10 BMI and I am very pleased and happy about learning how to play. You guys answered so many questions for me when I was making my purchase. Thanks for everything and see yall around the forums.

:D
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Welcome Frankie! You sure bought a nice sounding guitar. Now if you could just get a BIG fan and point it towards PA, we could use a little warmer weather this week.

Greg
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Welcome aboard Frankie.
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi Frankie,

Glad you joined us! We need all the players we can get, did you know that they say we are in the minority worldwide.

However, here we are all politicaly correct ;-) cause we are all steel players and lovers of the steel guitar.

Your in the right place! Welcome!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
BMI player since 1981
Dan Burnham

Welcome To the Family

Post by Dan Burnham »

Welcome Frankie to the Forum Family and Welcome to the BMI family.

Dan Burnham (BMI)
BMI S12 Zane Beck's Tuning
www.danburnham.com
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Welcome Frankie,from Alabama,Happy Picking,If I can ever help you feel free to e-mail.DYKBC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Brian Folks

Post by Brian Folks »

Hi Frankie and Welcome to the Forum...enjoy yourself and if you need answers to any questions, there is always someone who has the answer...Take care and a Big Texas Welcome...Brian 8)
Frankie Winberry

Post by Frankie Winberry »

Thanks Guys, The welcomes are appreciated. :D
BMI S-10
Carroll Hale

texas welcome...

Post by Carroll Hale »

another big welcome from deep in the heart of east texas............my family were also farmers and grew some big old "black diamond" melons here.....among lots of other good veggies...
if you can play guitar as good as you grow melons...wowie....that would be good....I am also new to steel guitar....but this is the place for good advice...good tunes...and just plain old good folks.....they are full of knowledge and will help anyone.......again...welcome aboard...
ch
se texas
Dick Sexton

Next Door!!!

Post by Dick Sexton »

Frankie,
Welcome to the Forum, it is an amazing place. I live in Newport, just up the road from you. Sorry to say though, I'm leaving the area in a few weeks to move to Ohio to take care of family there. We have two jams going on in our area that I have participated in. One is at the St. James Methodist Church in Newport (called picking in the park) every Friday night, starting about 6pm and then the first and third Saturdays at the Hunt Club in Hubert. Both open mike and very laid back. I've been the only steel player, but they are good places to spread your wings. Some good folks that love music, Country, Bluegrass and Gosphel, might give it a try. This friday will probably be my last here, preping to move. Give me a hollar, I know four more steel players right close.
Dick Sexton
Gary Shreve

Post by Gary Shreve »

Welcome to the world of the steel guitar, Frankie. I'm a newbie, too. I've only been playing for 5 weeks, but absolutely am having the time of my life.

Congratulations on your steel purchase, too. Sounds like a nice one. I've found that here on the forum, there's no question that won't get you a hundred answers.

Here's another big ole Texas welcome!
Gary Shreve
Pedalmaster SD-10 3/5