Wanna swap music ?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Thanks to all you guys that have sent me CD's and cassettes,mail is on the way to all of you.DYKBC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Thank you, Charlie.
Larry Strawn

Mail

Post by Larry Strawn »

Bama,

Just checked my mail hoping for a good music tape, but west bound Pony Express is kinda slow this week, maybe tommorrow. :D

Looking forward to it!

Larry
Carter SD/10, 4&5 Hilton Pedal, Peavey Sessions 400, Peavey Renown 400, Home Grown Eff/Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Charles Davidson

Larry,I mailed everyones tapes this past Sat,they sould arrive sometime this week.DYKBC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Charles Davidson

Just received a tape today from Mr.Eddie Cunningham,MAN what a picker,his tape covered over a half century of great picking.Great non-pedal picking,way to go Eddie.DYKBC.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Charlie,
I got your tape today. I'm going to listen to it tonight. Thank you again...Bill :D
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

BC,

I got your tape today. Nice picking with great tone. :D

If I could play a C6th tuning partialy as good as that I'd be shoping for another D/10 right now!

Thanks again. :D
Larry
Carter SD/10, 4&5 Hilton Pedal, Peavey Sessions 400, Peavey Renown 400, Home Grown Eff/Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Eddie Cunningham

Great to hear others !!

Post by Eddie Cunningham »

Thanks Charlie , I really enjoy hearing what other guys are doing !! Your style pickin was so different from what some others are playing !! Very tasty chord work !! Keep it going !! Eddie "C" ( the other non-pedal geezer )
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Charles,

I don't have any tapes to send but I have posted some songs you may not have heard here on the Forum.

I post my songs on "Steel On the Web" section of the Forum.

Here's a couple of links.

http://dickosteel.zoomshare.com/files/01_Track_1_2.mp3

http://dickosteel.zoomshare.com/files/n ... rack_1.mp3
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

Dick,

I've listened to about all your songs you've posted and think they are really great.

Please keep posting.

Larry :D
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

:whoa: Charlie, this is some great pickin'!
First class all the way. Thank you again. Bill :D
Larry Strawn

music swap

Post by Larry Strawn »

Bill,

ya got a PM coming your way. :D

Larry
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Larry,
Did you get my address?
Bill
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

Got it Bill. :D

Been out in the music room making CD's! :whoa:

Larry
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Charles Davidson

Dick,just listened to your two songs,Lordy,Lordy,that's the way it's supposed to be done,I'm a sucker for those shuffle songs,Great picking Dick.DYKBC.
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Charles and Larry,

Your compliments are much appreciated.

Hope to meet you both at the Jamboree if you're going.

I will be there Saturday with my credit card in one hand and scissors in the other so please pray for me.
Charles Davidson

I want to say I really appreciate each and every one of you for participating in [WANNA SWAP MUSIC]I recieved a lot of tapes and CD's of GREAT steel music,pedal and nonpedal,ALL of you are great,no doubt about it.If not for this wonderful forum this could'nt happen,We all need to thank Bob for providing a place to do this.DYKBC.
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

Bill,

I got your CD in the mail today. I just now got home from work and haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I'll get your in the mail Monday.

Larry
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Rick Nicklas

Post by Rick Nicklas »

Dick Wood, I just listened to your clips above. I personally think that is one of the very best tones I have heard on any steel. You should cut that reverb back about half of what you use (I think it only takes away from that awesome sound). All I can say is "Wow". What kind of steel and set up do you have?...... I will never get tired of listening to that tone and technique as long as I am breathing.
Charles Davidson

Rick,you got that right,Dick sounds great.Wish he would cut an album of nothing but those shuffle tunes.I would be first in line.DYKBC.
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Wow Rick, thanks for the really nice compliment and your advice on the reverb is noted as well.

Reverb can be used to get the steel to sit back in the mix and not sound like it's on top but you are correct in that it can over power the natural sound of the steel.

The equipment I use is a Williams D10 w/BL710's direct into a Yamaha AW4416 DAW recorder. I use the onboard effects and an old Ernie Ball pot pedal. I found that going direct sounded better than using an amp and so far I like the tone I'm getting.

Charles,

I love shuffles although for the last 8 or so years, most bands I've worked with were lucky to play one a night as most of the clubs want Top 40 tunes.
Charles Davidson

Dick,Yes I love those shuffles,reminds me of the old honky tonk days,when we played a lot of them.Some of these young drummers[not all but most]have no clue what a shuffle is,As a lot of kids playing bass have no idea when you ask them to play a walking bass line.Don't hear anything like on the radio or TV much anymore,it's a shame.DYKBC.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Thanks Larry,
looking forward to it. Bill
Larry Strawn

Work week over with!

Post by Larry Strawn »

Bill,

Just got back from the post office, your CD should go out on morning mail. Sorry I took so long.

I've gotten to listen to about half of yours so far, Hey that's some great picking, love the sound and tone your getting! :D

Don't laugh when you get my old home made CD! :lol:

Larry :D
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Larry, I got your discs today . I'm settin' here listening to them as I post. The Gunsmoke band sounds great along with your Pedal Steel licks. :D
Thanks it was worth the wait.
Bill