Annual Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Rob Parker

Post by Rob Parker »

Roger,
My plans right now is to travel Saturday afternoon..Probably stay somewhere north of Atlanta, then boogie on in Sunday a.m. to the temple.
I appreciate the thought...If my plans change, I'll let you know..
See you this week-end..
RP...'come on in'...
Bruce Etter

Post by Bruce Etter »

Can anyone recommend a Hotel to stay at that would be close to the show? My wife and I would like to make a reservation. We'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

I'm getting ready for another good time this weekend!!!!

Jeremy, my dad plays fiddle and may be coming if he is feeling up to it. If Rick Campbell makes it you might have two fiddles and then it would be like "Dallas TSGA Show Lite" :whoa:
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Ronnie Tibbitts

Post by Ronnie Tibbitts »

Bruce,

You should be coming up I-75 by the Airport. Most all the major chains are there and in the Atlanta area near the Shrine Auditorium. If you don't mind driving a little further, in Marietta things might be a little cheaper.
There aren't any hotels within walking distance that I would recommend.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

POSSIBLY TWO FIDDLES? OH MY, WOULD THAT NOT BE HEAVEN. WILL BE GLAD TO PLAY WITH THE OTHER BOYS AS WELL. WE VIDEOTAPED MY LAST PERFORMANCE THERE WHICH I HOPE WAS OK, AND ALL THE BAND WAS JUST WONDERFUL AND MADE ME SOUND GOOD.

WELL I AM TRYING TO PRACTICE BUT I CAN ONLY SIT AT MY GUITAR FOR ABOUT 10 MINTUES, SOMEHOW I HAVE PULLED A MUSCLE UNDER MY LEFT SHOULDER BLADE AND IT GETS EXTREMELY PAINFUL AFTER AWHILE.

ROB PARKER I PLAN ON USING YOUR VOCAL FOR TWO SONGS. ONE OF THEM, ONLY IF YOUR WILLING TO, WILL EXPLAIN LATER.

SEE EVERYBODY SUNDAY.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Hey Guys and Gals,
We can also add our Pal Russ Hicks to our line up. I got an e-mail today confirming he would be there. Man what a show this will be. Looking forward to some good music. Thanks to Bill C. and Bill F. for all their help, along with Ronnie, James and Jerry Rogers.

Jerry Braswell
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Jerry,

Adding Russ to the show makes an already great show even greater. Looking forward to a fun day, I'll be there early.

See ya soon,
Jim
Wayne F. Smith

steel show

Post by Wayne F. Smith »

Glad to see Russ will be there. I haven't seen him in a while, it should be a great show.
Ronnie Tibbitts

Mama's got the chili cooking real slow. Ought to be ready by Sunday.

Come Hungry!

(Better get there before Russ does)

Ronnie
Herby Wallace

Jerry's Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I am looking forward to this great show again this Sunday as I have played at every one of Jerry's shows so far and I always enjoy being a small part of it. Being a Shriner myself, this show means even more than just a steel guitar show since it is for such a worthy cause. I hope to see many of you there this Sunday. Also, I have had several people ask about the new Mullen G2 steel guitar and I will be playing it Sunday and have it available if anyone would like to try it out.

Herby Wallace

P.S. When I say "small part", I am refering to the musical part and not my physical part!
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Herby and Jerry,

do you guys have the Donna Fargo medley worked out yet? :lol:

Bill
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Herby Wallace

Donna Fargo Medley

Post by Herby Wallace »

Bill, if Jerry will sing Donna's part, I will do the steel part.

Herby
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey guys,

Stan's not gonna be there is he?

See ya there,
Jim
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Just around the corner....
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Sorry, Jerry, I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'm heading to Charleston with my parents to see my brother.Maybe next time.

Brett
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

Bump

This great show will begin in about three hours and 45 minutes.

I am looking forward to a day of good music, food and friendship.
Larry Moore

Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Post by Larry Moore »

Well the show is history now.......
As usual the line was great all of the local players + the out of towners some from Al, Tn, Sc all had a LARGE TIME.
Terry Crisp, Russ Hicks Herby Wallace Larry Sasser just to name a few.
If you did now make it you missed out.

Thanks Jerry for another Great Day of Music and all for the Kids.
Larry :D
Bob Evens

Annual Northwest Geogia Steel Guitar Show

Post by Bob Evens »

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

WHAT A GREAT SHOW WE HAD AT THE ANNUAL NORTHWEST GEORGIA STEEL GUITAR SHOW!!!! Terry Crisp and Russ Hicks and Larry Sasser and Herby Wallace. Bill, Tommy, Roger, I could go on but....WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Plus the line up of some of the best pickers in MHO, in the entire Southeast. Our homegrown (and transplanted) Steelers and musicians were at the top of their playing game.

Our Host, Mr. Jerry Braswell, is to be praised for all of his efforts. "Take the day off Jerry and rest; you've earned it. The benefits go to The Shriners Childrens Hospitals. No better way to help ones who need help.

For those of you who could not make it, let me encourage you to put the Annual Northwest Geogia Steel Guitar Show at the top of programs to attend next time.

Also, please note the GaSGA's next meeting will be held June 29th. Mark your calander! Keep tuned to the forum for information as it becomes available.
Play with your heart...your hands and feet will follow

Zum SD10
NV112
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

I had to add my two cents to yesterday's show. A good time was had by all. The music and food were outstanding. I could not believe that Bill Cunningham won the drawing for the rod, reel and tackle bag for a second year in a row. Bill that was a great idea to auction off the rod, reel and tackle bag. I would like to thank Jerry and the gang for organizing and hosting such a great show. Jerry, I agree with Robert, you deserve a day off. I have already marked my calendar for the Georgia Peach Jam which will be held on the 29th of June.
Ronnie Tibbitts

Northwest GA Steel Show

My Thanks to everyone who came and made yesterday the great success that it was. The Players and the music were fantastic! We appreciate all the effort from those who performed, but we do not forget to thank those who came to simply sit and enjoy the fellowship. Without the listeners there is no reason to play, so we very much appreciate you too.

From the Shriners Children's Hospitals, thank you all for your support. We look forward to seeing you again for next year's show.

Ronnie
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

WELL I MUST SAY I HAD GREAT TIME. I HAVENT LISTENED BACK TO MY SET THAT WE RECORDED BUT I JUST WISH I HAD OF DONE A LITTLE BETTER.

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE RUSS AGAIN HE IS ALWAYS GENEREOUS AND HELPFUL TO ME, I THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE LET ME PLAY ON HIS SET. :\ I GUESS HE DONT ALLOW KIDS. :D RUSS THANKS FOR THE CD.

A BIG THANKS TO ROB PARKER FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH HIS WONDERFUL VOICE. I THOUGHT SUGAR AND SALT WENT OVER PRETTY WELL.

THANKS TO THE BAND FOR PULLING ME THROUGH YOU GUYS ALWAYS DO AN AWESOME JOB.

THANKS BILL AND JERRY FOR LETTING ME COME BACK AND PLAY THE SHOW. I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO COME BACK ANYTIME.

I MUST ALSO ADD THAT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT TERRY CRISP WAS JUST TO AWESOME, I BOUGHT HIS CD AND LISTENED TO IT AT WORK TODAY AND WOW! WHAT A GREAT PROJECT. THANKS TERRY FOR THE GUITAR PICK FOR MY SON. HE WILL TREASURE THAT.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Hello to all,
Let me try to tell you how much I appreciate you all for the support you have given to our cause. It's difficult to put into words what it means to me. No one person can make a show work, you need a team. Our team was all the great players and the wonderful men that help put it all together. I am so fortunate to have good friends who like to get involved. Without the help of Ronnie, James, Jerry Rogers, David, Larry, Dennis, Bill Cunningham and Bill Ferguson we may not have been able to pull this show off. The steel guitar family is the best. We are able to do something we enjoy and give to a great cause at the same time. Is this not great? To Russ, Terry, Larry, Rob, Bob, Herby and Jeremy, Thanks for being our guest at this years show. To all the players of the Georgia Steel Guitar Association we thank you for the support and talent you provide. We will try it again next year on the second Sunday in February 2009. I hope you will be able to attend.
Thank you all.
Jerry Braswell
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Jerry,

As always, you and the rest of the Georgia Gang put on a first rate show. Thanks for letting me play a small part.

Russ, Terry, Herby, Wimpy(sorry Larry, you'll always be Wimpy to me)and all the others really played great. I'm already looking forward to next year, got the date penciled in.

See ya soon,
Jim