Thanks to all from the SWSGA

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Billy Easton

Thanks to all from the SWSGA

Post by Billy Easton »

Wow!! What a weekend! I am just now getting back to earth. I would like to thank all those who took part in the show and those who came to watch and support us as well. The players were awesome....so many special moments. We had players from California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Tennessee, Washington, British Columbia, Georgia, Arkansas, New Mexico, Vermont, Pennsylvania and Missouri.
The Audio/Video guys deserve special recognition. We got so many great compliments on the sound and the giant video screen. These guys worked so hard all 3 days and nights....I can't thank them enough. John Hensch, John Hauer, John LeMay, Cameron Cave and Dave Beaty are the heroes of the AV part of the show. Thanks guys...my hat's off to you! We could not have done it without you!!
Thanks to the guys who were moving gear on and off the stage...like Jim Boyle, Joe Naylor, Troy Porter. Also thanks to Jim for helping with the MC duties.
The girls at the desk and selling tickets...Peggy Porter, Meriul Easton, Vangie Fich, LaRue Boyle, and Pat Clyde. Thanks to Gloria and King for watching the door. Thanks to Meriul and Peggy for making the special steel guitar quilt that was won by Jeremy Wiley of St. David, AZ. The Peavey Nashville 112 was won by none other than Tommy Dodd who donated it back to auction. The auction was won by our own Herb Steiner! Thanks to all who generously supported our cause by buying tickets to the many give aways. It takes a lot of money to put on a show like this and we have worked hard to make it happen.
God Bless each of you!! We love you. Long live steel guitar and the SWSGA!

Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Last edited by Billy Easton on 6 Feb 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Thank you Billy and all the club for having Jerry and Austin. I think everyone had a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! A BIG THANK YOU TO Joe Naylor and Merrill Finch for all they do for Jerry and Austin. See everyone in Dallas.

Donna
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Billy, Troy, and everyone else,

Thanks so much for putting together a great show. It was a most enjoyable weekend of music and fellowhip.

I hope to make it back next year.

Bill Cunningham
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Bill Bailey

Thanks!

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D
Billy,
Margie and I want to thank you for all the hard work you and your crew did for us steel guitar lovers. It was good to see you and Muriel and meet the rest of your family. I thought the seating was great and the artists were awesome. I got to hear a lot of players whose names I have heard for years but never able to listen to them. I really enjoyed Margie Mays and Scotty's performance and how they complimented each other, hints of jerry Byrds spirit. I have always loved Russ Hicks pickin but was blown away with his version of Jambalaya, I had to buy the CD so I could enjoy it at home. We left early Saturday nite so we missed the last 4 players, but was afraid to get caught sunday driving to Kingman in the rain and traffic. we had a nice drive home and made it at 1:30 AM. We will be there for sure next year. I want to thank Chuck Back my friend and neighbor for encouraging us to come this year and for building my Desert Rose Tiger. My deepest appreciation for all the great players who support this show by traveling from their homes to share the great talent they posess with us. One more thing, I loved the David Wright show on Friday, what a comedian and player, he had us all in stitches. I have more to say but but will quit for now, Take care Billy,
Bill Bailey
Bud Isaacs

Post by Bud Isaacs »

Thank You Billy, for all you have done for us. We had a great time. We are looking forward to next year. Give our love to Muiral.
We love ya,
Bud and Geri