Magnatone script decal-need dimensions please

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mark Lynott

Magnatone script decal-need dimensions please

Post by Mark Lynott »

Might anyone have, or know of source for repro script logo Magnatone headstock decals? Would be nice to complete my G70. I could find a shop to make one but I thought someone may have them already.
Last edited by Mark Lynott on 7 Feb 2008 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Write to this guy. He'll tell you what to do for custom stuff. http://myworld.ebay.com/brauskoh
Mark Lynott

Post by Mark Lynott »

Thanks :D , will post how it turns out in case anyone needs the same. Seems that those Magnatone decals didn't weather the years quite as well as Fender etc.
Mark Lynott

Post by Mark Lynott »

Need to BUMP this one... anyone with a MOTS Magnatone, G70/65 or similar size headstock model with the decal still there- could you give me the approximate dimensions of the Magnatone script decal? There's lots of photos of MOTS Maggies around, but the pics are pretty distorted. Thank you!
Craig Stenseth

Post by Craig Stenseth »

Mark,
Have you thought about using the 'ink jet printable' clear decal kits they sell at Hobby Lobby, etc. I have bought this but haven't tried them yet. It comes with a can of spray to protect the printed design, then I think you cut it out and soak in water to remove.
Mark Lynott

Post by Mark Lynott »

No I haven't, but will look into that, thanks! Sounds like a great idea for any home-made pedals etc. as well- to use instead of a label maker.
Craig Stenseth

Post by Craig Stenseth »

If you get a picture (jpeg, bitmap, etc.) of the logo you want, send it my way, I might as well test this decal material before it gets old.

btw I don't think my Magnatone (Varsity) has the logo on the headstock, just the plastic diamond decoration.
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Like this one?
Mark Lynott

Post by Mark Lynott »

That's the one. What I ended up doing was to take the best photos I could find and printed out a mock-up of the logo, checked (and checked again... and again :roll: for dimensions on my G70 and was able to provide the info to the designer.

Own a Magnatone=New Skills :lol:
Ron Whitfield

and now...

Post by Ron Whitfield »

...earn extra spending $, by making a few more for those of us in the Magnatone Lovers Society.

Years back, a chance for Rickenbacher decal repros happened thru the SGForum, with only a few being made. They went fairly fast. I 'may' have 1 left, and wish someone was into doing them, the Magnatone, and others, up again.
A cottage industry awaites!
Mark Lynott

Post by Mark Lynott »

I wonder is anyone owns the Magnatone name these days? For what the vintage amps sell for I'm surprised to not see reissues. And then the steels could be reissued as well...:-)