New Philadelphia, OHIO: Celebration 2008 Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sherry Kauffman

New Philadelphia, OHIO: Celebration 2008 Steel Guitar Show

Post by Sherry Kauffman »

New Philadelphia, OH – Hummingbird Music Studio of Sugarcreek, Ohio will be hosting, for the public, Celebration 2008 Steel Guitar Show on April 25, 26, 27 in The Holiday Inn, 131 Bluebell Drive, SW.,
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663. Exit 81 off I-77.
PH. 330-339-7731.

SPECIAL RATE: When making your reservations, for The Holiday Inn, mention it's for the steel guitar show and receive the rate of $69.99.

To date, featured performers include: Don Helms, Hendersonville, Tennessee; Terry Crisp of Mount Juliet, Tennessee; Buck Reid,Nashville, Tennessee; Sonny Curtis, Columbus, Ohio; Mike Sigler, Rushville, Ohio; Rudy Osborne of Benton, Arkansas; Joe Wright, Jackson, Michigan - sponsored by BSG Steel Guitars, Don and Ruby Burrows, Ashtabula, OH; Hall of Fame Members Herby Wallace of Sevierville, Tennessee and DeWitt ‘Scotty’ Scott, St. Louis, Missouri. (Schedule is subject to change without notice). Watch for up to date, daily events and artist listings at www.hummingbirdmusicstudio.com

Tickets go on sale, Monday, March 3, 2008. Advanced three day tickets, $45.00. The final day for advanced three-day tickets, Friday, April 18.

Single and three day tickets at the door:
Friday, April 25, $10.00; Saturday, April 26, $25.00; Sunday, April 27, $25.00. Children, age ten and under, free.

Tickets may be purchased by Master Card, Visa (or) by sending a check or money order to Hummingbird Music Studio. POB 325, 133 Frederick Drive, Sugarcreek, OH 44681. Tickets may be purchased at the door. All ticket sales are final.

Tentative schedule includes:

Friday, April 25th, Student Showcase (time to be announced).

A steel guitar jam set to begin at 6:00 PM. Two steel players playing thirty to forty minute sets backed up by some of the areas finest musicians. (Admission on Friday is free for the steel jam participants’).

Saturday, April 26th, 9:30 AM – 11:00 PM, “Steel Guitar in Concert"

Sunday, April 27th, 8:30 AM – Church Service. Music by The Clark Family of Beverly, Ohio and host of the Ohio Valley Opry, McConnelsville, Ohio.

‘Steel Guitar in Concert’, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM

The public is welcome.

Thank you. :)
Last edited by Sherry Kauffman on 27 Mar 2008 8:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

^TTT^
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

I've got my motel reservations!
Better hurry-----------
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Herby Wallace

Hummingbird Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I cannot wait for this great show. I have done every show that Rick Troyer has had and I must say that his shows are the very best of any I have ever played. Everything is first class, so if you haven't been to one of these shows, I highly recommend it. I hope to see all of you there.

Herby Wallace
Larry Phleger

Post by Larry Phleger »

Bump :)
Steven Black

Steel Celebration

Post by Steven Black »

I will try to make this show, but if something comes up in my family I will have to cancel, my sister has been diagnosed with cancer.
pdl20

Steel Show

Post by pdl20 »

I look forward to the show and i am trying very hard to get my picken hand back in shape after breaking my right arm.the cast about destroyed my ability to ever play again and the therapy is helping to get back some of what i lost.either way i will be there to support Rick's show even if im not able to play.Keep you fingers crossed.it will be a couple of weeks before i can cross mine.lol Rudy :(
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

To the top :D
Alan Coldiron

Post by Alan Coldiron »

Sounds like another great show. I have been waiting to see and play with this fine bunch of players. Rudy, hope your hand is well. Enjoyed your set 2 years ago at Rick's show,the BSG show last summer, and I'm sure I'll enjoy hearing you at this years show.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

8) We are making our reservations today . Lots of great players local and Pro .
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:whoa: Bumper for a great show .
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

;-) The O.S.G.A will have a table at the show again this year . Hope to see you there . :)
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

^^^TTT^^^
DeWitt Scott

Celebration

Post by DeWitt Scott »

Rick, Mary and I along with my son DeWitt, Jr. will be there! It will be good to see my ole buddy Herby Wallace there. Scott
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

We're planning on coming this year. :D
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Things are starting to come together . Getting excited . Can't wait to see and hear all these great players and friends . Make your reservation early ! Tickets go on sale March 3rd . Hope to see ya there !! RT
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Rick, we just booked 4 rooms. Getting anxious, it will be here before we know it.
Don & Ruby
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Rick, we just booked 4 rooms. Getting anxious, it will be here before we know it.
Don & Ruby
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

TTT
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Reservations made. :D
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Won't be long now ! Get your advertisements in now . If you'd like to advertise in the program contact me at rick@hummingbirdmusicstudio.com . 1/8 page ad is only $25 .
Here's a few more names to ad to the already great players list .Chuck Campbell,Dave Decker,Dick Cochran ,Mike Meese and Jim Thompson . There's still more to come !!
Don't forget to ask for the "steel guitar celebration" price when booking your reservations at the Holiday Inn .
Tickets go on sale March the 3rd !! RT
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

I got my Room right next to Gary Preston's,,,wooo-wooo,,,,sure am looking forward to a super show.

Joe
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:( Now Joe we talked about that ! Just bring your camper and i will sleep in it ! Hah . If i see you and Mike Wilson together i will hide . See you guys soon and Joe be on your best behavior ! I will be watching ! :P
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

Gary Preston wrote::( Now Joe we talked about that ! Just bring your camper and i will sleep in it ! Hah . If i see you and Mike Wilson together i will hide . See you guys soon and Joe be on your best behavior ! I will be watching ! :P
:whoa: They have always been such gentlemen when I was around...now their true colors are about to come out...I'm just shocked.. ;-)