Evans SE 200 AMP

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roland van Beveren

Evans SE 200 AMP

Post by Roland van Beveren »

Does anyone of you guys has experience with the Evans SE 200 amp? If yes, could you please tell me what are the pro's & contra's? Thank you and best to you from Amsterdam!

Roland
Randy Gilliam

Evans

Post by Randy Gilliam »

They Are Very Light 39 LBS And Sound Great I Have Had 2 Of Them. Randy Gilliam.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I own one and up until Saturday it was a great amp. The speaker in it crapped out in the middle of a show and left me hanging. Now I don't know who can rebuild a noedyne speaker. I will add that I have had the amp since 02 or 03.
Randy Gilliam

Amp

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Craig I Bought a New Evans Speaker From Evans 135.00 Shipped Last Year For a Speaker cab.Randy :arrow:
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

Will a 12 inch Nashville 112 speaker work.
I have a new one.
Craig A Davidson

Randy, I put my last BW in it for now. When Peavey gets around to actually selling a neodyne basket replacement instead of just talking about it, I think that's what I'll go with. I have a blown BW here at the house also.
Craig A Davidson

I just found out that possibly my speaker might be under warranty. If so that would be great.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

I have an RE 200 ( the ten inch wonder) I love it but I also use an extension cab with it. Not so much for the volume factor but it seems to have a little warmer mids with the extra cabinet. I blew mine back in November. ( not the speaker the amp) The folks at Evans weere excellent with their customer service. Even though I blew because no one bothered to tell me I was plugging into a power strip that was connected to a 220. (fireworks!!!)
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Jerry Malvern

Post by Jerry Malvern »

Craig, I have an SE 200 also, bought it from Randy. I just blew the neo speaker too. It's a 2003 model, so let me know if it's covered under warranty. If not, Orange County Speaker in Garden Grove Calif will recone it for $55 plus shipping both ways.
Roland van Beveren

Post by Roland van Beveren »

Thanks guys!
It looks like this speaker blows often?
Roland
Craig A Davidson

This is the first time I have heard of any trouble with them at all. But it is a plus factor if the speakers have some kind of replacement warranty.
2013 Williams D-10, 2019 Williams D-10, 1970 Fender Twin, Evans SE200, Fender Tonemaster Twin, Hilton pedal, Jagwire Strings.
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

Roland,

I have a SE 200.
You can borrow it some day to play with it.

Marco
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Alan Harrison

Blown Speaker

Post by Alan Harrison »

I have a 2004 SE200 which I really like the sound of but my speaker (Deltalite) is heading in the direction of some of the rest of your SE's speakers. It started to rumble when I first turn it on and hit the low C on the C6th. It does clear up and is ok after about 10 minutes, but I think it's about shot. I have a 1501-4 SB BW ordered but haven't heard anything from it yet. Hope it gets here before this thing goes completely out.
Mullen (Black) Pre G-2 9x7, B.L. 705 PUP's, Evans SE 200 Telonics NEO 15-4, BJS Bar, Peterson Strobo Flip, Steelers Choice Seat, Folgers Coffee and Hilton Pedals.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Are you guys running your bass on 10? I ask because on me RE if you run the bass past 6 it will fuzz and rumble I was told to run the bass on 5 or 6 and the next knob can go to 10 and I have no bass buzz problems.
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Craig A Davidson

My problem is solved. I have a new Delta Lite on the way. Duane Dunard,the gentleman that sold me the amp talked to Eminence today and they are replacing the speaker.
2013 Williams D-10, 2019 Williams D-10, 1970 Fender Twin, Evans SE200, Fender Tonemaster Twin, Hilton pedal, Jagwire Strings.
Alan Harrison

Rumble

Post by Alan Harrison »

Hi Scotty, I'm sorry I had to miss you all at the Kansas show.
I'm running the bass, 4 to 6 like you suggested back when I bought the amp. It occurs when I first turn the amp on and lasts up to four or five minutes then quiets down. Sometimes it does come back after several hours of playing time. However, I played for abut five hours yesterday and had no problem at all. I think I'll call The folks at Evans, maybe they have an answer for the problem. Thanks, alan
Mullen (Black) Pre G-2 9x7, B.L. 705 PUP's, Evans SE 200 Telonics NEO 15-4, BJS Bar, Peterson Strobo Flip, Steelers Choice Seat, Folgers Coffee and Hilton Pedals.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Glenn Suchan

Post by Glenn Suchan »

I have an SE200 made in late 2001 with the Emminence "Delta" speaker. In early 2004 the power transistors burned. This was due to the fact there wasn't sufficient heat-transferring silicon compound where they mount to the heatsink (according to the non-Evans repair tech). Before and since that repair the amp has operated flawlessly, and with great tone, I might add.

Keep on pickin'!
Glenn
Ted Solesky

Post by Ted Solesky »

just a note for you all and I hope it helps. I've been told I have carpel tunnel and need minor surgery. The neurologist said you treats and has treated a bunch of musicians. She says, 'stay away from the heavy equipment.' Just lifting it from the ground to the trunk will weaken your wrist. She says 'keep it light or I'll be seeing you'. A lot of those musicians, she said, are big and never typed. Typing is another cause of the nuisance. It 'does' affect your pickin and grinin.