Padded Knee Levers ???

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Cisco

Paddles

Post by John Cisco »

I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone knew where to get "paddles" to be attached to levers. When I sit at my Carter the RKR is the furthest pedal in on the guitar and my whole sitting position is defined by it. Anyone know if someone makes these? :?
John P. Cusack a.k.a John Cisco
Carter D-10, Profex II, Fender Steel King

*Small change can often be found under seat cushions in taxicabs*
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

There's a very simple solution to this problem. Remove the levers, dip them in Plasti-Dip, the stuff made to put a rubber/plastic covering on screwdriver handles, scissors, etc. It dries in minutes and produces a durable covering which is easily removed later. To get thicker covering you dip more than once. I cover Dobro bars with the stuff so that they don't slip. I dip the whole bar and then cut away the part which contacts the strings.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

as far as paddles go...ask around...there've got to be a hundred players who have taken them off like me who don't want them, don't use them.....now i can see how one might be advantageous as in your case, but you can probably make or adapt one easily.

....now on to the larger problem of padding....why not super glue a patch of foam rubber on your thigh or knee as needed....you could even use designer colors and become a trend setting fashion designer at your nudist camp...and with any luck, this thread will disappear soon!
Jacek Jakubek

Post by Jacek Jakubek »

John Cisco, I had the same problem as you on my guitar.

Instead of a paddle, I just moved the whole knee lever
towards me. You will need to drill two holes underneath
your guitar to do this. It's easy to do and probably more sturdy than having a paddle on your knee lever.