Big Show In PHOENIX!! January 24, 25 and 26

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Sure lookin' forward to a GREAT show! :D
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

I'm sure this will be a grand show - as usual. Got your reservations made?
Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
Art Beard

Post by Art Beard »

Billy, Is anyone representing BJS Bar going to be there?? Havn't seen you since the old days at "Rips".. Art (skip)
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Glad so see so many people are going to be there.

We will have another announcment by that time. We had a jam this past weekend and are planning another one in Febuary. Keep checking the news letter and the details will be announced at the show.

The association is going to try having more get togethers so we can get more people involved.

See everyone in January.
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Curtis Nicely

Post by Curtis Nicely »

I personally can't wait to see all the great steel players, I went to the one in Mesa last year, and I really had a great experience. It seems that almost every steel player is a nice person... ;-) not sure how that happened, but it's a great community to be a part of.
Mullen G2, 1978 Homegrown uni, 1964 Twin Reverb, LTD. 400

I still can't play!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Curtis Nicely wrote:...It seems that almost every steel player is a nice person...
Well, you should fit in nicely! :roll:
Art Beard

Post by Art Beard »

Sadly Bill Stroud and BJS bars will be unable to attend. So I guess that it will be mail to get one. Should be a great show and alot of fun. Art
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Sadly I'm not going to be able to make the show. I already had my reservations made and Judy ask for vacation time but it ain't gonna happen.

Our band may have a new guitar player or no guitar player then. We are scheduled to play in Ft Worth and it's Rodeo time. Me and the fiddle player may have to take all the lead.

I'm really disappointed. This is one of the best steel shows. I have to hand it to the SWSGA. They made it great in just a few years.

Maybe next year.
Hope to see y'all in Dallas.
Ray Harrison

Big Show In PHOENIX!! January 24, 25 and 26

Post by Ray Harrison »

Roger, I'm gonna miss ya. Was really looking forward to seeing you and hearing you play. Darn the bad luck.
Take care,
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Roger, bummer buddy, I was looking forward to hanging with ya a few days. :(
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

We are going to miss having Roger here this year....he is such a great player and a good friend. But we will have a great show, so don't miss it....counting down...just a month away!!

Billy Easton
Rick Jackson

Previous SWSGA Photos

Post by Rick Jackson »

I thought I would share some photos from some previous SWSGA shows. It is always a good time with an outstanding lineup of players and staff.

Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

fred? it looks like you will have plenty of food & friends. man i wish dee & I could be there for this jam but we are haveing family here for dinner X-mas day :D . so tell everyone hi & happy holidays. jerry & dee
Mickey Adams

The Show

Post by Mickey Adams »

Im going to make this one too!>..This will be only my 3rd show to attend...Cant wait...See you guys there...Mickey
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Is there a Guitar Center or other big music store close to the hotel?Stu
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Stu....Yes there is a Guitar Center about a mile down Elliott Rd, east of the freeway where the hotel is.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Jack,Thanks we only have one music store up here,and a couple of band instrument places.I'll have to do a walk thru.
Merry Christmas,Stu :wink:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Bob Case

Post by Bob Case »

I'm getting ready to go out and shovel for the third time today and dreaming about being in the desert. See you all soon.
Bob
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Bob,It's a mess up here also.
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Stu just to give you an idea - It's New Years Day and I am setting watching football with my doors and windows open. It has been cool for us but looks like 71 by the weekend.

Lookin forward to seein ya
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Joe,You're breakin' my heart,Stu :lol:
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Hello Everyone, only a few more days until this Great Show in Arizona. Linda and I can't wait to see all you wonderful folks down there.

We had to miss last year on account of Linda had her hip replaced, but thank the Good Lord, she is doing great now.

Please stop by our booth down there and say Hi.

If you have never been to this show it is a Must if you like Great Steel Guitar Music, and NO SNOW!!! in January.

Have a safe trip, and we shall see you all real soon.

www.redkilby.com
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Billy, any idea when you'll have an initial schedule for the players on the show, and also any info on the Russ Hicks seminar? Thanks, buddy!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Joe, Thanks for the update on the weather. We talked to Fred 2 times yesterday, and still forgot to ask how the weather was. Sure hope it holds good for us to make the trip. Last year we had snow most of the way, but not bad on the road, although some of the Texas folks had it pretty rough. It is cold here in Arkansas, but no bad stuff down our way. Austin has had some of the ice and snow up in Kansas, but clear for now. We will be leaving on the 21st or 22nd and roll in there on the 23rd. Can't wait. See everyone soon.

Donna
Jerry Malvern

Post by Jerry Malvern »

How about an updated list of vendors/manufacturers. I have G.A.S.