Russ Hicks and Charlie McCoy to Sweden

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Janne Lindgren

Russ Hicks and Charlie McCoy to Sweden

Post by Janne Lindgren »

Just a short note to tell you about a great festival in Sweden. It is called Furuvik Scandinavian Country Music Festival and will be held August 3 - 5. Russ Hicks are doing a 3 hours seminar and he will also enter the big stage together with his wife Laney. Charlie McCoy, Moe Bandy and Danni Leigh will be there too. We´ll have a great time!
Janne Lindgren
Peter Ivansson

Post by Peter Ivansson »

Hej Janne!
Jag har ej möjlighet att vara med i år vi
har dubbel gig i Boden den helgen.
Jag sörjer detta stort för Furuvik brukar vara både jättebra och roligt.
Peter Ivansson
Bosse Engzell

Post by Bosse Engzell »

Furuvik är VIKTIG Peter, skäms. Jag kommer.

Bosse
Peter Ivansson

Post by Peter Ivansson »

Tjenare Bosse!
Det är med en klump i bröstet man inser att man inte får träffa alla sköna stålmänn från swedala,och framför allt då Russ Hicks.
Jag hoppas ni får en trevlig helg på Furuviks djurpark, du får skriva och berätta hur det har varit.
Peter
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Sure....That's easy for you to say....
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Perhaps I shouldn't leave it at that. Both sets of my grandparents were from Sweden and both my parents spoke the language. I recall as a youth hearing those conversations and while I picked up a few words, I never learned anything beyond that.

The family name in Sweden was originally Christianson, but was changed to Lang while my great grandfather was in the Swedish Army and given the chance to shorten or change his name, or so I'm told.

Wonder why he did that? I rather like the original name.
Janne Lindgren

Post by Janne Lindgren »

Hi Ken, nice to hear that your grandparents were from Sweden. Which part of Sweden? Maybe their new name was Lång, because that means tall. (A with a circle). Some soldiers had to change their name at that time in Sweden. That was because many young men had the same name and came from the same village and they should have a short name. My wife Eva knows more about this! If you like you can contact me at steelguitar@swipnet.se We have a lot of relatives living in California, some involved in the Maidens Raisins. I am sorry for my friends above writing in Swedish, they don´t understand better!!! Vi hörs senare,
Janne Lindgren
Bosse Engzell

Post by Bosse Engzell »

Hi Ken AND Janne. Whats wrong to wright in Swedish? You did that to Janne. See you in Furuvik.
Bosse