Big Show In PHOENIX!! January 24, 25 and 26

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Billy Easton

Big Show In PHOENIX!! January 24, 25 and 26

Post by Billy Easton »

After all the sadness with last week's passing of John Hughey, it is time for a little good news! We are having a steel guitar celebration like never before!! Our Phoenix SWSGA show (Formerly Mesa show) will be held on Jan. 24, 25 and 26th, 2008 at:

Grace Inn and Convention Center
10831 South 51st St.
Phoenix, AZ 95044
(480)893-3000
Southwest corner of I-10 and Elliot Rd
Approx. 3 miles south of Sky Harbor Airport

This will be our 5th and Biggest Show ever!! We have confirmed the following players:

Tommy Dodd- Chuck Back- Mike Smith -
Doug Jernigan- Margie Mayes - John McClung-
Russ Hicks- Blackie Taylor - Ron Sodos-
JayDee Maness- Mike Castleberry- Hank Rogers-
Bobby Black- Rich Brennion- Janet Lynn-
Jim Loessburg- Jerry Fessenden- Del Mullen-
Jerry Newberry- Albert Talley- Mark Giles-
Austin Stewart- Mike Perlowin- Frank Carter-
Herbie Wallace- Troy Porter- Joe Naylor-
Jonathan Candler- Ron Turner- Merrill Fich-
Doug Livingston- Bobby Bowman- DeWitt Scott-
Lynn Owsley- Chuck Lettes- Al Vescovo-
Bud and Geri Isaacs- Bob Case - Jim Cohen-
Norm Hamlet- Fred Justice- Herb Steiner-LaRue Boyle- David Wright-
Plus a few more to be added!!

WHAT A LINEUP!!! And if that were not enough, the great JOHNNY BUSH will be here to entertain on both Friday and Saturday nights!!

Also, a teaching seminar will take place and will be announced in the very near future!! Keep tuned.

The hotel has a special price of $85+tax per night and that will include an American style breakfast. For those of you flying in, the hotel will provide free transportation to the hotel by calling (480) 893-3000.

The back up band will be the ALL STAR CONVENTION BAND..Roy Rosetta, Paul Polish, Ben Brogdon, Al Bruno, and Johnny Davis!!

So you see this is the biggest steel guitar show west of Dallas, and one that you should not miss. Call the hotel to make your reservations today; they have a limited number of rooms at this special rate. After they are gone, the price goes up to $149 per night. Don't be left out....it is going to be a great show.

Watch for updates on our website at: www.swsteelguitar.com

Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Last edited by Billy Easton on 12 Dec 2007 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Sounds GREAT, would be nice to have a few more Arizona folks there...Billy Easton,Chuck Back, Mike Smith, Fred Justice and of course the shy guy, Danny
Sneed,,,Hey a guy can dream can't he? :\

Lookin' forward to January.
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

Billy, looking forward to seeing you again in Phoenix. My friend Verle Tate will be coming in from Iowa and I will be there as usual. Haven't missed one yet.

Doug Childress
DeWitt Scott

Phoenix show

Post by DeWitt Scott »

Mary and I will be there! Looking forward to playing a duet or two with Chuck Lettes! See you there. Scotty
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Yes it is going to be a big show!! I inadvertantly left Tommy Dodd's name of the player list....we couldn't have a show without our BigT....I will fix that right away. Looking forward to Scotty, Doug, Jack, all the gang!!

Billy Easton
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Today, I have added Norm Hamlet, Mike Smith and Fred Justice to the player list. This show just gets better and better!! Don't miss out, call and make your reservations today. For registration, you can do it via US Mail if you download the registration form from www.swsteelguitar.com or you can pay at the door!!

Billy Easton
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Billy-Sounds like a real great show . I know it will be . What a lineup. I wish I could be back there in Phoenix, it is getting cold here in Michigan. Looks like a good location near Sky Harbor. How about telling all us stay at homes about it after.? Are you making any recordings?...al.:):)
Michigan (MSGC)Christmas Dinner and Jam on my 80th Birthday.

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Hi Al....
Great to hear from you. If you are ready for some warm weather, why don't you just fly on out for the show? You know how nice it is in the winter here. I remember the old days when we used to chat in the band room behind the stage at "Shane's" in Phoenix. I have a CD project I am working on (only in my head so far) but I hope to get it produced early next year. Thanks for asking!! Come see us!
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I'll be attending as well...
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Dick Rivera

Post by Dick Rivera »

Does anyone know what vendors will be there?
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Well lets see, MSA Steel Guitars for one.
Hilton Pedals, Fred's Music,with:
"Justice Custom Cases & Cabinets" and,
S.I.T. Strings, to name a few. I hope to see you there. :D
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Fred..That's all that's important! :lol:
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

I'll be there too!!!! :eek:
Ray Harrison

Billy

Post by Ray Harrison »

I'll be there also, if David will let me sing with him again.......
Looking forward to a really great show as usual. I love the laid back atmosphere at this show.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Herb and David...
My apologies for not getting your names on the list. We couldn't have a show without you!! Of course I did not mean to miss your names...and if there is anyone else I have talked to and their name is absent, please let me know. Sorry about that. But yes, we are going to have a great show. And Ray Harrison, you better be here!!

Some confirmed vendors are MSA, Justice Cases, Desert Rose, Texas Star Guitars, Mullen, D2FCovers, and many others.

Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Just a weekend bump!!

Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Rick Jackson

Post by Rick Jackson »

Billy, it is hard to believe it is just a little over 6 weeks away. A new venue, and JOHNNY BUSH!! Looking forward to hearing and seeing Bobby Black, Herb Steiner, Herbie Wallace, David Wright and Norm Hamlet to name a few. Of course Bud and Geri Isaacs. You never know what Bud's going to say or do, Al Bruno, my friend Denny Sarver, one of the finest bass players around and Ray Harrison one of Arizona's finest vocalists. Can't wait to get there...rj :D
Rick Jackson

Post by Rick Jackson »

Rick Jackson wrote:Billy, it is hard to believe it is just a little over 8 weeks away. A new venue, and JOHNNY BUSH!! Looking forward to hearing and seeing Bobby Black, Herb Steiner, Herbie Wallace, David Wright and Norm Hamlet to name a few. Of course Bud and Geri Isaacs. You never know what Bud's going to say or do, Al Bruno, my friend Denny Sarver, one of the finest bass players around and Ray Harrison one of Arizona's finest vocalists. Can't wait to get there...rj :D
Herby Wallace

AZ Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

Yes, I will be there again. I had to miss the last two years because of health reasons, but I am already looking forward to this great show. It is first class in every respect and one of the best shows in the Country. As far as vendors, I will also be there. Of course, in addition to all my products, I also carry the HWP model Mullen steel guitar, Jagwire Strings and Hilton products. I hope to see everyone there. Ido want to thank Billy Easton, Troy Porter and Joe Naylor for inviting me back this year.

Herby Wallace
Dean Batye

az. show

Post by Dean Batye »

Herby,
it is great to have you back at the Az. show,we missed you.Have a safe trip,will see you in Jan.
Dean Batye
Concord,Ca.
SWSGA
NTSGA
DeWitt Scott

Phoenix

Post by DeWitt Scott »

Hi Bill, count me in coach. I'm working up a few new tunes to play this year. That is my plan but sometime people stop me in the hall and ask me, "You are going to play Drowsy Waters for me". If many request for me to play the tunes that I have played in the past happens then my schedule may change. I hope that Herby and I get to play "I Can't Help" this year. I may have to buy his dinner but it will be worth it. Of course, Chuck Lettes and I will play a tune or two together. See you there. Scotty (& Mary)
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I'm glad to see Al Vescovo on the list again this year. To me, watching and hearing Al play is worth the whole trip. If you don't attend this show you've probably never heard him. I've never seen anyone play with more energy, or that enjoys playing any more than Al does. Plus, he doesn't play the same old tired, Country Shuffles. He also plays a mean Jazz Guitar. If you've never been to this show, you need to come. If you do, you'll be hooked. This is a first class show all the way, and there's no better weather anywhere than in Phoenix, in January. :)
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Great show and it's getting close. We can't wait and like Darvin said "if you ever come you'll be hooked".
Hope to see all of you there and please come up to the stage and say "hi".
....Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Frank Harris

az steel guitar show

Post by Frank Harris »

Looking forward to a great Steel Convention in AZ. I have attended several years and agree this is a First Class show. Hope to see old and news friends this year. Frank Harris
James Cann

Post by James Cann »

I'm glad to see Al Vescovo on the list again this year.
So am I. I remember the first time I met him, at the SWSGA jam three years ago. His rig was in the circle and ready, but before and after his turn, he was in the audience with guys he may or may not have known (I was of the latter.), listening and sharing comments.

Class act, in my book.