Fessenden D-10 Solid Rosewood & Birdseye Maple 8 +7

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Wayne Franco

Fessenden D-10 Solid Rosewood & Birdseye Maple 8 +7

Post by Wayne Franco »

Origionall built by Dick Miller for Herb Steiner. I bought it from Herb a few years ago. Standard Emmons pedal setup. Price $2500. It still has that good ol Texas sound for sure. I can be reached directly on my Cell phone here in the Seattle area at 360-509-7505.
Daniel J. Cormier

Fessy

Post by Daniel J. Cormier »

Oh My what a beautiful guitar.
Daniel J. Cormier
Rittenberry with Tone to the bone,profex or tubefex and what ever amp, hilton pedal, BJS bars. Email at kajunsteelman@yahoo.com.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

You know you can't resist Daniel. You never can. Go ahead, do what must be done. ;)
Todd Kapeghian

Post by Todd Kapeghian »

Wayne! Your killing me!:( :( :( I just bought a lacquer Fessenden. Would love to have another Dick Miller built guitar but, bad timing for me and lucky break for someone else! If it's still here in a week or two I might be able to do something. Great guitar!!!
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

The bomb!!
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

So Wayne, What are you getting? :D

Pete B.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

This is a exceptionally fine guitar, and I believe the first of its type Jerry produced. I played it at ISGC in 2003 and was complimented by many on its tone.

Just a little background on it, the guitar came to be as the result of a late night phone conversation between Jerry and I in 1995. I had been playing mica finish Fessies for a few years. He asked what I'd like my next Fessy to be, and I said "make me one like the old Sho-Buds, maple top and rosewood aprons." He delivered the guitar to me just prior to the Texas Jamboree in 1996. Jerry assembled the guitar and made the parts, Dick Miller built the very wonderful cabinet.

It's a very soulful guitar, and I've occasionally wished I had it back, enough to ask Wayne to give me first option on it. But I have too many guitars as it is. Someone will be getting a really fine instrument.

BTW, that's the guitar I'm playing in my avatar photo above.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Wayne Franco

Thanks Herb for the kind words about the Fessy

Post by Wayne Franco »

Hope you're doing well my friend.

Wayne : )

Hey Pete how ya doing? Did you go to that last jam that Larry Behm hosted. Can't talk about any other guitars here, Jerry may take me to a Mexican Restarant that will be so hot I'll have spontanious combustion!
Wayne Franco

I'll take some pics of the underside Thur and post them

Post by Wayne Franco »

It looks just like a Fessenden underneith. All of the knee levers are polished. I like that because people notice them when you're playing and ask what are those things.
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Man, is it raining beautiful Fessendens these days? I have seen some fantastic ones for sale recently on the Forum and here I am wanting yet another one...yours. Anyway, Mr Franco, how far out of Seattle is Silverdale? My wife grew up in Seattle. Best of luck on the sale. If I find a couple of grand laying around, I'll take it.
Duncan
Last edited by Duncan Hodge on 31 Oct 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Bartoli

Fessy !!!! MAM oh MAN!!!!

Post by Bob Bartoli »

PLEASE someone hurry up and buy this, I'm running out of tissues drooling on the computer!!!! Man is that BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Wayne Franco

Duncan

Post by Wayne Franco »

Silverdale is just across the Puget Sound from Seattle. Its growing but I still have some privacy here. New York gets more rain by the way. We just spread it out over approximately 151 days a year.
Bob Merritt

Post by Bob Merritt »

Wayne,
Sent you an email.
bob
Wayne Franco

Thanks Bob

Post by Wayne Franco »

I think I did reply to you. Let me know if you got it.

Thanks for your interest

Wayne :)
Carey Lainhart

Post by Carey Lainhart »

Wayne, I have sent you another email. Let's send this guitar to Dick Miller's home town!

Thanks,

Carey
Wayne Franco

That would be very cool!

Post by Wayne Franco »

I left a couple of messages for you. One on your cell and the other at home. Give me a call!

Wayne
Carey Lainhart

Post by Carey Lainhart »

Wayne,

Sorry, weekends are just nuts for me & I couldn't call or get calls. The message you left on my cell was lost - I didn't hear it. I will email you again early in the morning on Monday or try to call your cell later in the day. Please reply to my email from 11/3 - I had a couple questions. I still definitely want this guitar.

Thanks,

Carey