Hands On Video Lets Build A Steel Guitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

DON ENGLE

Hands On Video Lets Build A Steel Guitar

Post by DON ENGLE »

would there be any interest here for a video on building your own steel guitar I mean really building it from scratch design all the way through to playing the finished guitar?? single 10-double10 sd10 2knees-4 knees you guys talk this over and give me some feed back on it I am retired and bored to death but I still have my shop sitting doing nothing but growing cob webs if there is enough market out there I will do it waiting on you DON :roll:
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

I would be interested in such a video.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

There probably would be interest in a project like that...I think that a video on changing pedals, set-ups, making adjustments and general up-keep on a steel might be of value.
DESERT ROSE D-10 8/5...Joe Naylor "SteelSeat"...
Gallien-Krueger MB200 amplifier through an Alessis MicroVerb w/15'Peavey cab.
TELES & STRATS...
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
Garry Procter

Post by Garry Procter »

I'd definitely be interested.
Gary Baker

Re: Hands On Video Lets Build A Steel Guitar

Post by Gary Baker »

DON ENGLE wrote:would there be any interest here for a video on building your own steel guitar I mean really building it from scratch design all the way through to playing the finished guitar?? single 10-double10 sd10 2knees-4 knees you guys talk this over and give me some feed back on it I am retired and bored to death but I still have my shop sitting doing nothing but growing cob webs if there is enough market out there I will do it waiting on you DON :roll:
Hi Don, Well I'm getting close to that retirement age and I, for one, would be interested. However, I agree that a high quality "generic" DVD video on changing pedals, set-ups, making adjustments and general up-keep on a steel would have a larger responce and is greatly needed as it is difficult to find a "local" technician.

Heck, why no do both .... out of bordoom :\

Blessings, Bo Baker
DON ENGLE

steel guitar video

Post by DON ENGLE »

gentleman winter is coming on here in indiana and Ilove to go out to my heated shop and see whatb I can come up with and this would be a pretty good project as for the pedal changes and maintenance video I remember Jeff Newman had pretty well covered that in on of his videos but there is no reason to live by one old rule or idea Ilike the idea on both videos that should carry me through the winter I will see what Ican come up with and get back with more info now who was it that borrowed my video camera ha ha don :D
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Are you thinking of a "professional" video (produced and edited by someone with video experience and good equipment), or just something you might do yourself to occupy your time?
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

OUCH!
A. J. Martinez

very very interested

Post by A. J. Martinez »

please let me know when it`s for sale
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I guess I'll take one. I plan to be building a steel or two pretty soon. Setting up a shop building right now. Got the floor joists laid today. Walls tomorrow.
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
Amos Lowe

Building a Pedal Steel

Post by Amos Lowe »

I would be interested in your video. Thanks.

Amos
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Ouch? From the "tupperware" guy??? 8)

At any rate, no slam was really intended. I just wanted to see if it would be a "professional type" video production, or a sort of "youtube quality" thing. I think how well a video is produced usually has a direct bearing on how well it sells. Some people make videos as a hobby, or just a lark, and that's fine. Others make them primarily to generate income, and help their business.
DON ENGLE

LETS BUILD A STEEL GUITAR VIDEO

Post by DON ENGLE »

I want to thank everybody that has read and written emails about this subject first of all I will be doing these videos myself there is no way to pay pros for this project as many phases as there will be to it it would cost a small fortune and I dont look for a vast market anyway I will not put out any junk I respect this forum and you fellow steelers too much I am keeping all your ideas in mind and will work thru them one step at a time thanks again for reading this and keep them emails coming and thank you bob for this wonderful site DON