Desert Rose

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ronny Line

Desert Rose

Post by Ronny Line »

Anyone play a Desert Rose? Im thinking of buying one and would like some opinions on the guitar.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

I've got one,and if all of my wheeling,and dealings work out soon I will have Chuck build me a new one.It's the best guitar I've ever owned,There are some really great guitars out there these days...Desert Rose is my favorite.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Stu is right...I love my Desert Rose!! :D
DESERT ROSE D-10 8/5...Joe Naylor "SteelSeat"...
Gallien-Krueger MB200 amplifier through an Alessis MicroVerb w/15'Peavey cab.
TELES & STRATS...
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
JW Day

Desert Rose Guitar

Post by JW Day »

Ronny, I received my new D-10 in Dec. So far I have been totally satisified with it in every way. JW Day
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

I saw Jw's Desert Rose before he did! :D While Chuck was building it! :lol: Beautiful!!

Larry
Carter SD/10, 4&5 Hilton Pedal, Peavey Sessions 400, Peavey Renown 400, Home Grown Eff/Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Marlin Smoot

Desert Rose

Post by Marlin Smoot »

Chuck is building mine as I write this. I can't wait but it will be ready around November. It's the new Vintage Pro and looks like Gary's on the Desert Rose website. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it. It will have all the latest designs, knee and pedal options.

Chuck is one of the best guys to deal with outside of being a monster player not only on steel but 6 string too. I think it helps when the builder is a great player too - someone who really understands what a musician goes through on the gig's, what is current in the industry and understands how to apply it to what he's building.

Chuck is building one of the best steels you can get, period. Quality construction, fit and finish, price and service. Plus the wait time is one I can deal with. I've wanted one for over a year after playing one of his personal guitars, so I'm looking forward to getting mine.

The Desert Rose is also making it to master sessions in Nashville. Nuff said... for now.
norm mcdaniel

Desert Rose

Post by norm mcdaniel »

I got mine fron Chuck in Dallas at the show. Ive played on it nearly everyday since--I love it. It has an E-66 and is a SD-10 with 3&5. Id like him to build me another on but Id have a hard time justifying another. Thanks Chuck!
Norm McDaniel
Waco Tx
Desert Rose-Sierra U-12 and a bunch of Peavey stuff
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

I also am a proud parent of a S10 Desert Rose 4 & 5 setup. Stays in tune no matter the playing conditions.
Great instrument and a nicer person to deal with you won't find. After sale service cannot be beat.
steelseat.com The most comfortable seat in the business.
Desert Rose S-10, Williams S-10
Paul Norman

desert rose

Post by Paul Norman »

Chuck builds a nice guitar and he is a nice
person to go with it.
I visited him in Tuscon, but I have not been to
his new place.
Ronny Line

Desert Rose

Post by Ronny Line »

Im sold