*Correctly Edited* Randy Reinhard with Bobby Flores

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ken Crisp

*Correctly Edited* Randy Reinhard with Bobby Flores

Post by Ken Crisp »

Here's a little taste of "Randy's" C6th playin' on Bobby's New Swing CD, "Bubble's In My Beer".

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyfloresband

** Great Playing Randy !**

Edit Explanation - I was under the impression that Terry Crisp had played steel on an album with Bobby Flores, when in fact he has not. Actually Randy played steel on "Bubbles in my Beer" and did a fantastic job.
Last edited by Ken Crisp on 27 Sep 2007 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sho-Bud D10 Super Pro 8/6. Peavey Session 500 Black Widowed
Al Michalczak

Post by Al Michalczak »

Sorry Ken, but that's Randy Reinhard on that cut.
Al
Paul Wade

R.R

Post by Paul Wade »

does anybody know what kind of gear randy plays thru
is it a emmons? also, what kind of gear terry crisp
plays thru...

thanks
p.w
Bill Simmons

Al's Right

Post by Bill Simmons »

Al's correct as he's many times the Ex. Producer on those incredible CD's coming out of TX!

Al can correct me but having seen Randy play many times in the Ft Worth stockyards, Randy plays the most worn looking old Emmons p/p that I believe is a '65 wrap around. The fret boards are really worn and could use some TLC BUT what a super sounding p/p with the playing hands of Randy! The last time I heard him play it was through a well worn Peavey amp (Session 400 or LTD??)and a reverb unit.

If you love great pure country, you need to buy every record that Al's label puts out -- Bobby Flores and Randy Reinhard -- there is a killer duo.
------------------------------------------------------
Rains Steel Guitar Rep
Dave Burr

Bill's right that Al's right.

Post by Dave Burr »

I'm pretty sure this is from Bobby's first CD, "Just For the Record", on Yellow Rose Records. If you scroll to the bottom of the link below, the credits for the album are listed. You'll notice, as Bill stated, Al's listed as Executive Producer.

http://bobbyfloresband.com/merch.html

re: Randy's Push Pull
I've heard rumors that his old push pull is so well worn that he even has JB Weld on the undercarriage. :lol: His playing really sets me on fire!!!

Respectfully,
david
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I sure wish that Randy would do a CD on that guitar; come on guys don't let's have a, shoulda, woulda, coulda later on.
Brett Crisp

Post by Brett Crisp »

Hey Paul, Im Terry's nephew. Terry has a killer setup with Lexicon reverbs, Peavey tube pre, and 2 Session 400's...He gets one awesome sound out of it!!
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Al Michalczak wrote:Sorry Ken, but that's Randy Reinhard on that cut.
Al
Dag nab it ! Brett delivered that CD and said Terry was playing on it except for about 3 or 4 songs. One song was live with Lloyd Green.

BRETT !!! :evil:
Last edited by Ken Crisp on 25 Sep 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Hey Al, is there a Flores album with Terry on it ??
Al Michalczak

Post by Al Michalczak »

Hey Ken, No,we have not had Terry available when we have done these first five projects, but I do know that he and Randy are friends and we might be able to do something with Terry in the future. We feel like we have something special in Randy and like to feature him on our projects as much as possible.
I had the pleasure of meeting Terry about fifteen years ago when he was at the Bluebonnet Palace with Ricky Scaggs and have been a big fan of his playing ever since. I also got to see him live with Reba a couple of times. Great player and a super nice guy.
Al
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Dottie Jack, has a CD out called Texan In a Stetson It was produced by Bobby Flores and has Randy, Mooney and Lynn owsley on Steel. Its a great CD. I am blown away with Randy's tone on this CD everyone who likes good country should get this CD.
I've about got It wore out I like it so much.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Al Michalczak wrote:Hey Ken, No,we have not had Terry available when we have done these first five projects, but I do know that he and Randy are friends and we might be able to do something with Terry in the future. We feel like we have something special in Randy and like to feature him on our projects as much as possible.
I had the pleasure of meeting Terry about fifteen years ago when he was at the Bluebonnet Palace with Ricky Scaggs and have been a big fan of his playing ever since. I also got to see him live with Reba a couple of times. Great player and a super nice guy.
Al
Thanks for those very kind sentiments, Al.

Al, who played the beautiful steel on Spicher Waltz ? That is so very smooth, and such the right tone. I've been playing that cut all day long while I work. Heck I'm in love with the three part fiddle too !! :D
Al Michalczak

Post by Al Michalczak »

Ken, That was Bobby Flores playing steel on that waltz. Just another reason to hate him.
Actually, there are nine different steelers on that CD. Randy, Bobby, Rick Price, Dicky Overbey, Herb Steiner, Tommy Detamore, Gary Carpenter, Jim Loesberg, and Jerry Blanton. Maybe next time we can add Terry to our list of favorites.
Al
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Al Michalczak wrote:Ken, That was Bobby Flores playing steel on that waltz. Just another reason to hate him.
LOL ! :D
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

You can here Bobby Flores on XM Satellite radio every day.
Al Michalczak

Post by Al Michalczak »

Hey Kevin, and all other fans of Bobby Flores, Jake Hooker, Justin Trevino, Amber Digby, Liz Talley, etc.I received an e-mail from another label yesterday that stated that the powers that be in D.C. have changed the format on Willie's Place to include only classic artists and charted songs, which will in effect leave out all of the above and others too numerous to mention.
If you feel as strongly as I do that this is a bad idea, please e-mail X-M and let them know how you feel. Alot of good music is going to be tossed to the curb if this allowed to continue. I see this as another ploy by the major label to shut down the indies. We must be doing something right.
Al
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Al, I've never met Bobby personally, it just seems da boy plays from the ole pump.

That waltz seems sincere. It's one that really gets me.
Brett Crisp

Post by Brett Crisp »

Sorry Ken. I was just telling you what was told to me. I never had a CD sleeve for it or anything to tell me who was playing on it. Thats just what someone (who shall be nameless) told me about it...
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Brett Crisp wrote:Sorry Ken. I was just telling you what was told to me. I never had a CD sleeve for it or anything to tell me who was playing on it. Thats just what someone (who shall be nameless) told me about it...
:D LOL ! Brett, I know , I was pickin' at ya. :wink:

.. we'll have to have a little chat with that nameless person. I still have my Hank Aaron 74 special.

Have a great day !
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

They better keep Bobby Flores and Heather Myles on XM-13 or I'm a gonna be ?!$$ed....
Rodney Garrison

Post by Rodney Garrison »

Maybe I missed sumpin' in the first 2 posts.

Ken: Here's Randy ----------------

Al: Sorry Ken but that's Randy--------------

What did I miss ?

OBTW Bobby's MY SPACE is GREAT LISTEN'N.

RG

Can you tell me what I missed?
" Even if you're on the right track , you'll get run over if you just sit there. "

---Will Rogers---
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

Tell me what Rodney missed as well, 'cause I missed it too.
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Guys, the thread topic has been edited. It was 1st titled Terry Crisp with Bobby Flores.Just a misunderstanding. :D
Ken Crisp

Post by Ken Crisp »

Oops.. I'll install edited into the subject line.

Thanks Bobby for the clarification. :)
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Anyone who wants to see Bobby and Randy can do so this Friday (tomorrow) night here at the Comal County Fair,,,this is a great area to live in!!

Hey Big Al,,,I've missed seeing you lately,,,you know you're welcome back here anytime!!!