Video screen in St Louis

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

clive swindell

Video screen in St Louis

Post by clive swindell »

I can't see that anyone else has mentioned this, but the English contingent all agree that the video screen showing the players hands gave the whole show a completely different dimension.

Let's hope it is here to stay.
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

So, did all the players line up for a manicure ??? :P
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Bobby D. Ray

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

My thought was that if the projector could be flipped over, the picture on the screen would then be oriented like we see our hands when we're playing ... instead of being oriented upside down, as was the case. Seeing the players hands was really helpful and a nice improvement ... but reorienting the projector would, I think, make it even better.
Jim Saunders

Video Screen

Post by Jim Saunders »

I like this idea! Sometimes we overlook the obvious. This is a common tool used in other concerts; why not this one? I'm looking first to see which neck the player is playing, E9 or C6?
Mullen, G2, D10, Peavey Nashville 112, Roland Cube 80XL, DD3, Goodrich L10 VP.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

That really IS a great idea. Who do we tell? Bill Ferguson, are you involved in this aspect?
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Jim, I can't take credit for this. It was the brainchild of Don Lanier (Pearl Productions) and the camera was provided by Joe Wright. I also mentioned about flipping the camera. But it was too late as the camera was on the lightbar and already raised into position. We'll fix it next year.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.