New C.D. just in time for the I.S.G.C.

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Mike Sweeney

New C.D. just in time for the I.S.G.C.

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Just finished up my new c.d. called "Timeless Melodies". It's being mastered over the weekend and will be duplicated next week. I know I cut it close but better late than never.
The tunes are ; No One Will Ever Know, I've Done Enough Dyin' Today, Swingin' On The Corner, Rollin' With The Flow, Just Between You And Me, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain, Made For Loving You, You Wouldn't Know Love, Till I Gain Control Again, Ticket To Ride, Whenever You Come Around, The Nearness Of You.
There are a couple of special guests on this project that really make this project special. They are Laney Hicks and Lloyd Green. I want to publicly thank them for there talents and time.
See y'all in St.ouis.
Last edited by Mike Sweeney on 18 Aug 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

This is a good one! Mike and I both agree on using real musicians playing real instruments. No programing here.

Mike's taste in material is as good as his tone, which is great! A couple of these tunes have been going through my head for about two weeks now. Then the added bonus of Laney and Lloyd is worth the price of admission in itself. 8)

You'll be glad you have this in your collection.
Al Collinsworth

New CD

Post by Al Collinsworth »

Hi Mike,
I'll see you at the show. Have a copy waiting for me!!!
Al
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Thanks Randy, Coming from you that means alot. And Al, I'll see you in St.Louis.
Todd Kapeghian

Post by Todd Kapeghian »

Hey Mike! Where you find the time to keep recording and puttin out these CD's? Wow! Your a man on a mission! I've been working on getting mine out for....it seems like forever! Great pick on "I've done enough dying today". Always thought that make a great steel instrumental. Look forward to hearing it and a wanted to say, great job on the DVD "Live from the Preston Hotel 2006" enjoyed it!
www.myspace.com/steeltodd
Mike Headrick

Post by Mike Headrick »

Mike,

Sounds like a Doozy. I for sure will get a copy in St. Louie. Who are you using on fiddle on this one (if anyone)? I know you miss ol' Jim like I do.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Hey Mike,

Yeah I do miss ol' Jim. It was awful hard doing this thing without him. There is fiddle on 3 cuts,. Played by Vance Davenport. And he did a great job too. The other musicians are, Drums - Johnnie Barber, Bass - Bill Cook and Merle Taylor, Acoustic Guitar - Mike Baker, Piano - Willie Rainsford, Electric Guitar - Earl Erb. Laney Hicks sang a duet with Bill Cook on the Clinton Gregory tune " Made For Loving You" and Lloyd Green and I did a duet version of " I've Done Enough Dyin' Today".
I also want to thank Randy Beavers for hanging out the first day in the studio to provide moral support and help with microphone choices and mic placement.
I think everyone did a GREAT job.
If anyone who isn't going to St.Louis but wants one next week just drop me an email on how to order. Thanks.

Mike
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Mike, this is an excellent piece of material. Your playing was flawless, your tone super, and a great selection of material. I would recommend this CD to anyone. Laney and Lloyd were great as usual. Bill Cook did a great job on the duet,also. You should sell a bunch of these, because it's superbly done.
Laney Hicks

Post by Laney Hicks »

Mike,
I haven't even really heard the finished product yet, myself, but I do know how I felt in the studio with you guys making music my favorite way. There's just something about "most" of it going down at the same time. There's a certain life and energy that gets breathed into a song when real people, (the "right" real people, of course)get together to make music.
I appreciate your invitation to be a guest on your new CD. We cut one of my favorite songs, and I could tell, going down, that you were going to "sing" your part with all the heart and soul a song like "Made For Loving You" deserves.
It was a real pleasure for me, Mike. You're one of my 'specially favorite players, for all the right reasons,what a soulful player you are!!!
and, you're family, too.

I have a feeling this CD is going to become a favorite of many.

Much love and eternal friendship,
Laney
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Bob,

I'm glad you like the album. Coming from a player as good as you that means a lot. I hope you enjoyed subbing for me last night. I know you did a great job.

Laney,

What can I say kiddo? You put the iceing on the cake. A great singer will bring out the best a musician has in him/herself. It was a true joy to have you agree to help me on this project.
When you were warming up your pipes at the piano a vibe fell over the studio that made us all aware of the fact we were in the presence of a talent that very seldom comes along. Of course there were some of us who were there that have been aware of that fact all along. I am blessed to have so many friends. Thank you for being one of them.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Just thought I'd share a memory with y'all.[/img]
L. A. Wunder

Post by L. A. Wunder »

Looks like like your new CD is going to be another "must have." I enjoyed your "Heart of Steel" CD so much, I'm really looking forward to hearing "Timeless Melodies." I won't be in St. Louis, but hopefully I'll see you at another steel show down the road fairly soon.
Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

Mike, I haven’t heard your new CD yet. I just know without hearing it that it’s great and it will be a big success. All of your projects are. If there’s any downside to it, it would be the envy it creates by having Laney and Lloyd on it. :lol: As I have told you many times, and it comes from the heart, you are one of my favorite people and players.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Mike,

Sincerely, it is a great product. I'm don't hand out compliments often, unless I feel they are really deserved. You played your butt off on this, and the whole project is excellent.

I had a great time Sat night. It's good to be in Nashville again, and get to play with people who know how to play country music properly.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Thanks Bob. And I'm glad you had fun Sat.
Bobby Caldwell

Post by Bobby Caldwell »

Mike, Can't wait to see you and hear your wonderful playing. Don't sell all of those new CD's because I must have one. See you soon, Bobby
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

I've got one with your name on it Bobby. See you there.

Mike
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

going up^^^^^^^
Laurie Ayres

Post by Laurie Ayres »

Mike: Congratulations on your new CD. We will see you in St. Louis! Roy and I are keeping your grandson in our prayers. Our Son-in-law will leave for Iraq,Afghanistan etc. but thanks to God he will only be gone for a month. We went through 6 months of him being in Afghanistan last year and we did a lot of praying. It will be good to see you and Teresa again. Love you both. Laurie
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Thanks everybody. I'm really pleased with the finished product. I'm also looking forward to seeing everyone in St.Louis next weekend. And Laurie, Thanks for the words about Tony. I guess as soon as he graduates high school it will be off to boot camp. I'm thinking Paris Island. Then who knows where. drive careful to St.Louis.
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Well, I don't like the picture and probably won't like the CD either....I just can't believe that since Laney was coming to the studio anyway why I wasn't invited to come with her and put something on there that would be worth listening to, instead of that 'pad guitar playing guy, LDG....I mean, after all, take away all that tone, touch, style and creativity and what do you have left. And another thing, about Randy Beavers 'mike placement', give me a break, he wouldn't know a mike from a broom handle. Oh well, I just don't understand...it could've been so good.
Bill Hamner

Post by Bill Hamner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ben ODell

Good Luck !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Mike:

Good luck on the new CD. You make sure you put one in the hands of "THE ADAMS FAMILY PRODUCTION CREW" there at the show. :lol:

I disagree with Russ, in regards to the photo. That is an absolutely fabulous smile.... "IN THE CENTER".

Will be looking forward to hearing it !!

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Up please!!!
Ben ODell

A Bump Please

Post by Ben ODell »

Here You go Mike !!!!
Bump