Twin-pickin

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Self

Twin-pickin

Post by Larry Self »

Got a chance to hear Randy Beavers and Russ Hicks last evening. some of the most awesome pickin I've heard in a while. I was truly impressed. these two guy's are so good togather, I wouldn't leave my seat to go to the bathroom. Russ anounced a new C.D. they are working on. its either R & R or A Little R&R I want on the list right now. if you dont like this C.D---you dont like Steel Guitar. Great job fellas. I enjoyed myself very much.----Larry Self
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

It must have been really uncomfortable for you to just sit there and not go to the bathroom. I bet the people around you weren't that happy with you either.
Roar Oien

Post by Roar Oien »

Larry, - hope it's okay I add my last Twin-Picking experience to Your thread ?
Last saturday I was playing at a Country festival here in Norway, and the main attraction that evening was Brian Sklar and his Tex Pistols. Without forgetting the splendid fiddle show I would like to tell You about Billy Phelps and Ron Anderson who gave the audience plenty of pedal steel to listen to ! Ron Anderson is also a great guitar picker as he altered between the PSG and lead guitar.

That was a great show, all members of the band did a great job, but as a PSG player most of my focus was on the two fellows mastering their instruments.
The sound of their instruments was different from each other and also their attitude and way of approaching the music, and I thought that was very clever, as the changes between them also changed the sound of the band.
They also took their time talking to us before and after the show. :-D
Larry Self

Post by Larry Self »

Ben, it really was that good. wish you could have been there.-----Roar, thank you for your coments. jump in anytime.---Larry