Thanks to Russ and Laney Hicks

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

L. A. Wunder

Thanks to Russ and Laney Hicks

Post by L. A. Wunder »

I just wanted to thank Russ and Laney Hicks for their kindness to me at the Waterloo show. They were and are two of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met. Their show is first-rate, and I hope to hear them again in the future - maybe in St. Louis. They are a credit to the steel guitar world, and the music world in general, and they represent the way we all should be.
Chas Friedman

Post by Chas Friedman »

In addition (after having heard both for the second time at the Texas Jamboree in Dallas), I have to say that, IMO, Russ is one of the finest steelers of all time, and Laney is a really great vocalist. Their set this year in Dallas was one of the most enjoyable for me. A huge amount of talent for one family!
chas
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Russ and Laney are two wonderful friends of mine and Russ helped me out on my set at the NTSGA Superjam last October. Laney is definitely a wonderful singer and a wonderful friend of mine. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

Russ has it all, the prettiest looking and sounding Sho-Bud and wife you'll ever see and hear. They are both great.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Don Lampley

Post by Don Lampley »

You don't have to wait for St.Louis Russ and Laney will both be in Benton,Ill. in April,15and16 at a great steel show. Also Doug Jernigan, John Hughey,Randy Beavers, Ron Elliott, and the Great Don Helms, plus a Nashville band to back them all. Just a great show all around. Thursday the 14th will be local tallent.

------------------
www.southernilproductions.com